Search

Reuters: White House seeks to answer complaints of aggrieved air travelers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Reuters: White House seeks to answer complaints of aggrieved air travelers

The White House announced efforts on Tuesday to improve air travel for Americans by requiring airlines to refund baggage handling fees if luggage is "substantially delayed" and requiring online travel agents to provide neutral search results.

The effort in the waning days of President Barack Obama's administration is aimed at responding to complaints from consumers that range from delayed or damaged baggage and wheelchairs to pricey add-ons like payments for seat assignments.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ai...-idUSKCN12I2I8
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
The other final rule announced by DOT, which will not take effect until January 2018, will change airline reporting requirements. Major US airlines will have to report operational data, such as on-time performance, for flights operated by US domestic codeshare partners. The primary result will be that contracted regional flights operated under major airline brands will be included in the major carriers’ operational performance statistics reported to DOT.
http://atwonline.com/regulation/us-a...consumer-rules

Glad this is finally coming to pass, particularly with all the regional partners UA has.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.