Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Conde Nast Traveler: Some airlines in Europe to charge fee to submit a complaint

Conde Nast Traveler: Some airlines in Europe to charge fee to submit a complaint

Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)

This will get its own round of complaints I am sure.

Rather surprised this happened in a union which has strong customer protection laws.

http://www.cntraveler.com/story/some...OTgxOTIzNzc5S0
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:03 pm

Not so surprising, really. The UK legal system in general is a 'loser pay" system, in which losing parties have to pay litigation costs of the winning party. That's consistent with this new system, where complainants who want to escalate a complaint from the airline to binding resolution are now limited to using a private dispute resolution company which charges complainants 25 quid as costs, with those costs to be reimbursed by the airline in cases where the complainant prevails in the arbitration.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.