Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Retch for the sky

Retch for the sky

Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Retch for the sky

That's the title of FT's latest worst-passengers-of-the-week feature.

Two things seemed noteworthy. First, that Lamar Odom earned only an honorable mention. Of course the incident occurred during boarding; maybe the flight has to be airborne to qualify for a prize.

Second, that the winner caused a flight from Leeds-Bradford (LBA), destination Larnaca, to divert to Manchester (MAN). The article suggests that the trouble stemmed from consuming alcohol that he brought aboard, but MAN is no distance at all from LBA and not really on the way to Larnaca, so it must have begun almost immediately after take-off. Wouldn't this passenger, and Mr. Odom, have appeared too drunk to be allowed to board?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There's already a thread in this. I still don't know who this person is...
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:46 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
While this FlyerTalk article does qualify as a published "general travel news story," there is no need for a thread here when comments can be made directly at the story link itself. No need to have two different FlyerTalk venues for discussion.

Thanks,

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.