Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Airway News: Boeing 737 MAX

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/Boeing-D...irst-737-MAX-8

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737...ng-the-737-max

Boeing says the MAX will burn 20 percent less fuel than first 737NGs, which were rolled out nineteen years ago this week, on December 2nd.

Boeing says the MAX will have an 8 percent lower operating cost than Airbus’ A320neo family, thanks to fuel efficiency and maintenance advantages.
Source

WN will be the launch customer in 2017.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Boeing says ...

Boeing says ...
It's easy to build something with Year X technology that is ahead of everyone else's product that uses Year X-5 technology, including your own.

Besides, if I had an airline mile for every time a company made a prediction for a future product two years ahead of that product's availability, only to discover in the harsh light of day that their predictions were just a tad off, I'd have more miles than Ryan Bingham. And I don't mean the singer.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Efrem
It's easy to build something with Year X technology that is ahead of everyone else's product that uses Year X-5 technology, including your own.

Besides, if I had an airline mile for every time a company made a prediction for a future product two years ahead of that product's availability, only to discover in the harsh light of day that their predictions were just a tad off, I'd have more miles than Ryan Bingham. And I don't mean the singer.
But the thing with airliners is, in many cases, the manufacturers are willing to commit to certain specs in the pre-purchase agreements, and if they don't deliver the finished product that lives up to those specs, they owe compensation back to the purchaser. This protects the purchaser to some degree, and provides a strong financial disincentive for manufacturers to exaggerate or publish otherwise unrealistic claims.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On the subject of the 737 Max:

Boeing Co said on Wednesday it was working to deliver its new 737 MAX single-aisle aircraft ahead of schedule next year, provided the company can complete testing on time and customers are ready to receive it.

"It's a little early to raise the victory flag at this point on early deliveries," Boeing Chief Financial Officer Greg Smith told an investor conference organised by Cowen and Co. "But we are focused on that. And if we can do it, and our customers can accommodate it, we will."
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-boe...e=businessNews

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.