Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Thoughts at the End of the Road: The last ever "On the Road" by Joe Sharkey Column

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts at the End of the Road: The last ever "On the Road" by Joe Sharkey Column

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Published today in the New York Times. He's been writing since 1999.

Thoughts at the End of the Road, and a Word of Advice
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Wow -- I'll miss his columns. Thanks for the link!

Last edited by Xyzzy; Apr 2, 2015 at 1:08 pm Reason: Corrected non-standard orthography for sake of future searching
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Fair winds and following seas, Sharkey!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:15 pm

I had no idea this was Joe's last day. Best of luck to him. Joe could be ornery, but he was one of the few mainstream media people who could cover air travel in a way that was reliably accurate and non-sensationalist.

And you may not know: Joe was a passenger on board the Legacy business jet that was involved in the deadly midair collision over the Amazon a few years back. He once described the accident to me -- how it felt, what it sounded like, etc., -- and it was pretty spellbinding.

-- Patrick Smith

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.