Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Weather Cancels Most Flights Since Hurricane Sandy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:29 am
Used to be 'FTcadence'
Original Poster

Winter Weather Cancels Most Flights Since Hurricane Sandy

In 2012, Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on the East coast of the US and many flights were cancelled as a result. This winter is proving to be a pretty poor time to fly as cancellations have just surpassed those caused by 2012's hurricane.

“This week alone is worse than the worst winter months in prior years,” Josh Marks, chief executive officer of industry data tracker MasFlight said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...ane-sandy.html

With all of the press attention that Mother Nature is getting, I'm growing more and more glad to be living in SoCal.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
You guys will soon run out of water though.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Folks out on the eastern half will just have to dump ALL of our mounts of snow out west, or at least get them out to the Colorado, after it melt - it will find its way to the desert towns & cities, that should extend the inevitable for a year or two.

We are on track for one of the ten snowist winter on record for NYC, sun is out and a warm 40 degree F now, getting 2" to 4" overnight - flight CX still happening @ nearby LGA b/c of yesterday's Nor-easter storm. At least. I am watching & hearing the jet engines roaring as they takeoff while others land.

"It's a beautiful day outside ..." Next week, temps will be in the 40's & warm, and the newly elected mayor don't have to worry about closing public schools - it's winter break.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.