Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Airport Workers Charged in Mini-Liquor Bottle Theft"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

"Airport Workers Charged in Mini-Liquor Bottle Theft"

How many bottles did the staff manage to take home everyday?
No wonder some FF have complained about lack of drinks
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2012...-bottle-theft/
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
These guys also potentially face federal charges for removing items from a bonded area and importing goods without paying duty.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: None anymore
I'd bet a fine and maybe 3years suspended sentence all they get.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 12, 2012 at 11:47 pm Reason: Removed inappropriate characterization per the TOS
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Google "Crew Juice"

The airline version of Top Chef’s Restaurant Wars is Crew Juice Battles. Crew Juice is an umbrella term referring to anything alcoholic made on the plane with ingredients found onboard solely for consumption on the van ride to the hotel or at the hotel itself. If you take minis off the plane and sneak them into a Yankees game to mix with your $8 Pepsi, that’s not crew juice, that’s just stealing.

Crew Juice is usually made in gallon jugs and comes in a variety of colors and strengths. Common concoctions are fruity rum/vodka drinks, champagne-infused, the mudslide variety, and my specialty…red wine sangria. Some flight attendants make their name by making jello shots which are always a crowd pleaser.

Gallon jug for the ride to the hotel? That's hard core!

FTA:
Let's see, which bastion of efficiency and integrity is tasked with securing the sterile areas?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Flahusky
I'd bet a fine and maybe 3years suspended sentence all they get.
Yes, he will banned from airport for the life. Maybe they will fired him. He have find something else.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:53 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Are those Grant's bottles on the left? Why would you steal those?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I think the real criminals are the airlines selling those scrawny things for 7USD a piece. Reason number 1 for not flying US based airlines.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:21 am

Programs: Alaska mvp G, AA Exec Plat, Marriott/SPG platinum, United Silver, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond
So they were trying to resale these. Boot drink them?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:47 am
Suspended

Any of these workers or security guards could be bribed by a terrorist while genuine passengers are being harassed by tax payer paid security machinery.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Last summer I went to a local liquor store here in the NY area looking for a particular brand of gin. It wasn't available in bottles but was available as 50ml "nips" shrink wrapped 15 to a small "case". No tax labels on the bottles or the package. No markings on the package. The price was about half of the what the 750ml bottle would have cost.

Gee, ya think .....?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:13 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by inlanikai
Last summer I went to a local liquor store here in the NY area looking for a particular brand of gin. It wasn't available in bottles but was available as 50ml "nips" shrink wrapped 15 to a small "case". No tax labels on the bottles or the package. No markings on the package. The price was about half of the what the 750ml bottle would have cost.

Gee, ya think .....?
So, did you buy 2 or 3?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by Spiff
So, did you buy 2 or 3?
2. One for here in NY and the other I shipped to my other place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.