The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Cycling across the NW. Headed to Missoula.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Had a great weekend doing the, "Weekender," part of a local swim series called the Highland Lakes Challenge:
http://www.highlandlakeschallenge.com/

I did the last 3:
* Lake LBJ (2.2 miles)
* Lake Marble Falls (3.4 miles)
* Lake Travis (5k)

I've done many 3-4-5k swims in the past, but just one and done. And most of those were loops (maybe 3-4 loops around a course).
It is quite different coming back the next day and doing it again, and yet again.
It is also quite different swimming a straight mile stretch...your mind starts to wander, you think about tv shows, sing music in your head, and yes periodically count strokes.

Here's a few pictures I took either before or after swims:

Lake LBJ:

Lake Marble Falls:

(the fog did burn off, they delayed the start maybe 20-30 min to let it burn off)

Lake Travis:

Our weather had been highs mid-90s, lows mid-70s, until a powerful front moved through on Thursday.
lows Friday and Saturday were brisk (48F Friday and 42 Saturday). was mid-50s this morning.
that said, the water temp was still pretty nice, mid 70s.
and the air temps after finishing were pretty nice every day.

I think my favorite was Lake Marble Falls. got views of some huge boat houses, a bit of town, the dam, and some cliffs with all kinds of vegetation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.