Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
and really got a great shot of the nasty brown cloud
Post it up!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
My face is (literally) beet red from shoveling today the long driveway & city sidewalks on my corner lot. We got 10", but it was fluffy stuff. However, the 10 feet between the sidewalk and street in the driveway was over my knees & pure "cement" due to the sidewalk & city plows tossing it in there. That was pretty difficult. Then at the corner (I live on an intersection) the sidewalk & the street plows piled it so high as they did their thing it was up to the top of my thigh & 3 feet wide & again "cement". I was only able to carve a spot there with the shovel where someone could walk 'single file' because it was just too tall & too much like cement. I'd post a picture of my face (it would be great for a sunscreen commercial ), but I don't want to scare anyone So that's a lot of my exercise for today!

Cheers.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:05 am

1.5 hour jog last night. Will add upper body workout next workout.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BUMP
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:43 pm

Ran 3.75 miles this evening 10:20 pace...nice and easy except for the last 1.5 going uphill. About 3/4 of a mile from the end I crossed a bridge over a lake and inhaled my daily allowance of gnat protein. Had to slow to a walk for a bit until I got over the choking fit.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:11 pm

4 miles...92 degrees...waaaaay too early for that kind of heat.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was gonna run today. Let it go too late and looked at the thermometer, 98, no thanks!!! Will try to get out there *early* tomorrow.

My FB status today- There was an old lady who swam the fly. I don't know why she swam the fly. Perhaps she'll die.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 pm

4.25 miles. 94 degrees. Yuck!
Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bike Season

Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by annerj
Bike Season

That's crazy! We're already having high temps in the upper 90s--thankfully no 100s, yet.

As for my workouts, well I was working a conference for nearly a week. On my feet nearly the whole time, 6:30am to 11pm, all that good stuff. It finished up on Wed.

Went to spin last night, did a short recovery swim at the gym pool after.

Went to swim workout with the team this morning. The pool was setup long course (50m long, when it had been 25 yards). The last time I swam long course was for the 100 x 100s, back in January. It really felt great though, nice water temps. A week out of the water gave me a taperish feeling (well I didn't wear a drag suit either).

Hoping to take my bike out on Sunday. I'd like to get back into some sort of routine with that, been very sporadic lately.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
That's crazy! We're already having high temps in the upper 90s--thankfully no 100s, yet.
This is north of our cabin. Some areas are showing 16 feet of snow on the ground still. It was an amazing winter.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I was at a convention in LAS last week. Walked about 6 miles daily inbtwn hotel/cc & within cc. I had clients at dif points within the CC (which I think is close to 2million sq ft) & walking back forth & upstairs for multiple journalist mtgs was def a lot of walking. A few years ago I wore a pedometer during the days of the show & I was walking 8 miles/day. At least the weather was nice (90) btwn the hotel & CC. The first day of the show was a bit tough & tested all the bones healing, but it got better on subsequent days.

We did have some brief warm weather where I live before I headed to LAS, so I was walking each day. On Sunday after my return I put air in the tires & went on the first bike ride of the season. Unfortunately yest it snowed & we've got temps of 26 before the 30mph winds, so I'll do my inside "walk & talk". I think I'm suffering from PTSD after the horrible winter we've had. I just want it to be over & get out to walk, ride bikes & eventually get back to running after losing all of last summer to broken bones.

I should find my pedometer so I can track steps better. Also I've started putting stars (the kind like you got on your papers when you were a kid when you got a good grade) on my wall calendar on the days I do some type of exercise. I figure seeing the stars will provide some incentive.

Cheers.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:07 pm

Just got back from chaperoning my kids' orchestra on a 3 night cruise to Ensenada followed by 3 family only days @ Disneyland. Got a 3 mile run in on the ship. Went the next day and the wind was 25mph...gave it up after a mile. Walked quite a few miles around Ensenada & Diisneyland.

Gained 3 lbs.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:14 pm

Ran 9 miles today. 6.5 at lunch and the another 2.5 with my youngest daughter after I picked her up from school.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am considering doing the Dirt Inspires half Marathon in Monterey in August. The furthest I have run until now is 5.5 miles, so I need to get on the ball if I'm going to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.