Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OMNI Exercise Blog...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More row = more competitive for me

I'm the faster rower of the group but not fast in the gym with the other stuff. I was in the lead until the 3 rep round....the trainer caught me and ended up beating me by like 5 seconds. SOOOO close .
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Legs were damn sore for spin last night. fun stuff
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by annerj
Legs were damn sore for spin last night. fun stuff
I wasn't in the mood to work out today, but did it anyway. I'm glad I did, and I noticed that my workouts are getting easier and longer, and I'm not working up the sweat I initially did, even though my workout has either remained static or gotten progressively more challenging. So my body is strengthening, even though my weight is kind of at a standstill - gotta work on that. There is some dough-y weight in my middle that needs to come off.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anonplz
easier and longer
That is awesome!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:37 am

Got in a miserable 6 miles today. The Strava app said 6.6 but I think the clouds and running a bit of a zig-zag under some trees around the lake fooled the GPS.

I ended up walking at least 1/2 a mile. I walked a 1/4 to begin to try and loosen up. I ended up needing a bit of a break about 3 miles in. Legs were tight, feet hurt, couldn't really find a rhythm.

I just had to embrace the suck....not something I'm really good at. It's days like this that really test you. I was especially disappointed because I took yesterday off completely.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

On a positive note, I lost 2 pounds last week.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Awesome CalVol! We have similar "histories". Personally, I'm happy to stay just under the anaerobic threshold for an hour each day. Elliptical + Polar

Good luck, heal well!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by pierre mclopez
Awesome CalVol! We have similar "histories". Personally, I'm happy to stay just under the anaerobic threshold for an hour each day. Elliptical + Polar

Good luck, heal well!
Thanks!

I actually wore my Polar strap yesterday. I averaged 135 bpm. So, I wasn't working too hard.

Although, I did push the pace for the last 1/2 mile and got up to 170 bpm towards the end.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by annerj
That is awesome!
Do you belong to a gym, and if so, is it a local one or nationwide? And what do you like about it, if anything specific?

Originally Posted by CalVol
Although, I did push the pace for the last 1/2 mile and got up to 170 bpm towards the end.
That reminds me, I have to find music to set my pace, something really fast, like Cotton-Eyed Joe.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:36 pm

Do you belong to a gym, and if so, is it a local one or nationwide? And what do you like about it, if anything specific?

That reminds me, I have to find music to set my pace, something really fast, like Cotton-Eyed Joe.
There are a number of songs on my ipod that get me pumped up. Some because of the tempo, some, just because I dig them.

"Carry on Wayward Son" is my go to power song. I've got the 5+ minute album version so, I can kick out .6 mile @ ~8min pace when that one is playing.

The rest of my power song list includes: More Than A Feeling, American Woman (Lenny Kravitz), Rich Girl, Wheel in the Sky, Don't Stop Believin', Wake Me Up When September Comes, Souvenirs.

I also have a couple of my daughters' musical endeavors on there...I can listen to them playing and singing and it just gives me a boost.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 5:53 pm

I took the same route as yesterday. I was correct. It was 6.2 miles not 6.6.

Had a much better day today.Legs felt fresh. Feet didn't hurt much. Took a 1:30 walking break at 3.5 miles to drink some water and a 30 second break at 5 to finish off my bottle.

I averaged a 9:46 pace. Average HR was 154 with a max of 177.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:29 pm

More Than A Feeling
I have that on my mp3 player, too, but my routine needs to be FAST and Boston is all too slow, except maybe Peace of Mind - I basically just need mindless bubble gum pop at about 180 bpm (est.). Today I put some Latin club mixes on it, too - I like those, and they are all about an hour or 1.5 hours, which is the perfect length.

Also, I found that I'm back on track, losing my 1% this past week. ^

Last edited by anonplz; Mar 23, 2013 at 11:13 pm
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I was on the road I held memberships at ballies and 24 hour. 24 hour I preferred for a few reasons...mostly the hours they were open and just seemed to be a bit lower key.

Bally's wasn't bad but in some places it seems like a meat market (both female and male) where people went to pick up people more than work out.

Now that I'm off the road (it will be a year this next month I think.....maybe 5 work trips all year long....crazy mixed emtions about that) I just belong to a local gym....its small, the equipment is old but its cheap and has a good group of people. I started rowing because of this gym.

During the summer I p90x and ride bike. We actually spend most of the summer at our cabin so I drop the gym membership. I'm going to pick up a rower for up there so I can keep at that ($900 on amazon.com)
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did some snowshoeing in and out of the cabin this weekend (went in on sat to turn all the heat on, back out, headed to jackson for the day then back in sat night and out this AM).

Feeling it Its those narrow bands of fitness.....while it IS a good strong workout I shouldn't be as sore as I am from it. hip flexors and the like...I'm sure due to the lack of running for me (due to back issues).
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Boston is all too slow, except maybe Peace of Mind - I basically just need mindless bubble gum pop at about 180 bpm (est.). Today I put some Latin club mixes on....
"Carry on Wayward Son"....More Than A Feeling, American Woman (Lenny Kravitz), Rich Girl, Wheel in the Sky, Don't Stop Believin', Wake Me Up When September Comes, Souvenirs
I'll take a little Leon Redbone.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:11 am

8.3 miles today. My longest run to date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.