Wiki Posts
Search

Finding nice runs in different cities

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Finding nice runs in different cities

How do you all find nice runs when in new cities? Typically I find the hotel maps are pretty useless for being too short and too basic. I like a nice 3-10 mile run sometimes and don't mind using a bit of transport like a subway if the run is worthwhile for being pretty.

So how do you all do it? Most of the shared running map sites seem too high volume. If nothing else I'll post some of my nicer London runs for others here in the thread, if anyone is interested.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AY+
Try the Suunto´s Movescount, www.movescount.com
Choose the heat map and you can see where the locals are running

If you have Suunto´s sport watch you can upload your training´s there also.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Cool thanks. Will give it a play.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Movescount is not too bad but pretty sparse still for things that aren't totally obvious IMO like large parks. There's a great ring around north London for example that's only the absolute lightest shade of orange on the Movescount map in many places on it.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I'm not too serious of a runner, but I have used MapMyRun to map out runs and distances and to track my times against my routes. You can also search for runs other have done and posted, including the start/end points, routes, elevations, and distances. Not as full-featured as movescount, but serves my purposes.

EDIT: This thread also suggests Garmin Connect (don't need a garmin device) and Strava to find/share routes.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...traveling.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.