Search

Moov Now

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Moov Now

I just pre-ordered the Moov Now fitness band. Given that I'm getting a warranty replacement of my Fitbit Flex every couple of months, I decided it was time to begin exploring alternatives. (Does anyone else find that Fitbits are problem-prone?) Given that it's being offered with a 40% discount, has a six-month battery life and seems to do everything Fitbit and other fitness trackers do -- and costs just $60 -- I thought it was worth a try. Anyone have any experience with their products? Thoughts, good or bad?

Or are there other fitness bands that anyone's loving these days? I figure at some point Fitbit is going to tell me that my warranty is up and expect me to buy another Fitbit. Given all of the quality issues I'm having, that won't happen.

(Disclosure, link about gives me $5 referral credit if you buy one. Go to moov.cc if you'd prefer not to use the referral link.)
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Have you gotten this yet? Any news to report?

I'm currently just using the FitBit app on my phone, but it is a pain carrying my phone with me everywhere, especially if there's no pockets.

I regularly participate in FitBit challenges with family & friends, so would want something that would still work with the FitBit app.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
Have you gotten this yet? Any news to report?

I'm currently just using the FitBit app on my phone, but it is a pain carrying my phone with me everywhere, especially if there's no pockets.

I regularly participate in FitBit challenges with family & friends, so would want something that would still work with the FitBit app.
Not yet. I think it's supposed to ship this fall. So are you using the Fitbit app without wearing a Fitbit? I do like Fitbit challenges...it's fun trash talking friends, but in the grand scheme of things I spend more time trouble shooting my Fitbit than competing with friends.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Not yet. I think it's supposed to ship this fall. So are you using the Fitbit app without wearing a Fitbit? I do like Fitbit challenges...it's fun trash talking friends, but in the grand scheme of things I spend more time trouble shooting my Fitbit than competing with friends.
Is this an old version?
http://smile.amazon.com/Moov-Smart-M...words=moov+now

And yes, I use the FitBit app without wearing a FitBit. It isn't too accurate. When I walk my dog, I use, "Walk for a dog," which uses cell signals to track my path and plots it out after I finish (by the way, they also donate to the shelter of your choice ^). For a 4.5 mile walk (according to Walk for a Dog) FitBit will usually register 5.2 or so miles.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Ahh....yeah, the Fitbit app really isn't a great app for fitness tracking without the wearable component. I'd suggest Runkeeper or Cardio Trainer as a better alternative. (Runkeeper also has a social element so you can see what your friends are doing, but it's different from Fitbit's. I'll get messages saying things like, "Tom just finished a 3.5 mile run."

If you're genuinely interested in accurately tracking your exercise, you really should switch from lugging the phone around to using a wearable -- Moov, Fitbit, Jawbone or something else. Maybe you don't swim or walk on a treadmill, but your wearable is going to measure that where your phone won't. (I guess you could physically hold your phone on a treadmill, but that seems silly when there's a perfectly good spot to place it on the treadmill dashboard.) And your phone isn't on you 24/7, so you'll be surprised to see how many little steps you haven't been tracking. (Though it also sounds as if the Fitbit app is a bit generous in that respect.)

Just saw this great article about Moov Now. Oh, and yes...the Amazon link was to the prior iteration.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:26 am

Moov Now

Moov Now has been reduced to 33% of its original size, and feels considerably more manageable. Users are offered with two straps in the case – a large and a small one – which is useful as you do need to place the Moov Now around your ankle while running and cycling tracking.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:47 am

Functions are much improved with Moov now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.