Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel gym in the tropics?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Hotel gym in the tropics?

Has anyone used the hotel gym in tropical holiday destinations?

I'm not talking about huge resort complexes that have fully equipped modern gyms with functioning a/c - rather some dingy little windowless room, no a/c and only basic equipment.

It seems like everyone would rather sit out by the pool to take advantage of the heat and humidity.

In one hotel in Belize City the gym room was completely empty and smelled musty. Another hotel in Dominican Republic had their gym in a small building off to the side of the pool area. Although pleasant looking enough with tinted windows that looked out onto the pool, there was no a/c and only a bike and treadmill. The only guy who used the facilities pulled the bike outside to catch the breeze.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

so youre asking about under a certain price point. even then, you would be surprised, as there are some places that are health/fitness/etc oriented, or have owners/operators/residents who are.

although 'equipment' will vary and is not always necessary, in terms of fancy machines and or tons of free weights. TRX for example did not invent rope/suspension training.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.