Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virtual therapy?!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Virtual therapy?!

Just heard from a friend about how she's seeing a licensed therapist via skype and paying via paypal. She kept talking about how convenient it was to not be tied to office hours and how she can be anywhere for her session since she has skype on her phone.

Is this a new thing? Are you guys doing this too? Would you?

As I think about it, I kind of like the idea that my company and my insurance wouldn't be up in my business, knowing I'm seeing a shrink, not to mention not having to fit in an office visit while I'm always on the road... but is this weird or the new norm?

Feedback please!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:37 am

Interesting. Not something I've thought of before, but it sounds convenient for frequent travelers.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:41 am

Interesting! Another example of online medicine penetrating our lives!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:28 am

Never heard of it before, interesting idea!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:00 am

I would entertain the idea if I met the therapist before, in person, and already established a therapist-patient relationship. If I knew about the therapist online, probably not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.