Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Towel etiquette

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Virgin
Hotel Towel etiquette

If using the in-house gym is it okay to use the towels provided in the room or do you bring your own?
Old May 4, 2014, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You can use your room towels, though many gyms may have their own at the gym.
Old May 5, 2014, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Jenni_Kit
If using the in-house gym is it okay to use the towels provided in the room or do you bring your own?
Often the in-house gym will have towels available for you to use & a place to toss them when you're finished. You might want to stop by the gym briefly before working out to see if that's the case. If there aren't any, then bringing a towel from the hotel room to the gym is perfectly acceptable. You don't need to bring a towel from home with you.

Cheers.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the gym doesn't have towels I just bring a hand towel from the room. They always seem to give more handtowels than we need anyways.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Virgin
Thanks all.

I usually give the gym a miss when travelling but am training for an endurance event and can't miss the training time.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I always bring a towel from the room, because I've often been hosed with getting to the gym and finding all the towels gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.