Haven't you ever walks around the neighborhood?

Subscribe
haven't you guys walking around the neighborhoods for everyday? How many times that you walks for? I walks around the neighborhoods for everyday and it was 4 or 6 times. Its good exercise for my own. It's extremely important that I can losing the weight. You have try to reduced the body burns. What is does this mean? Can you try to explains to me about reduced the body burns? Thanks for your concerns.
I walk around my neighborhood every day. One reason is that I have two dogs and they love to walk with me. Walking around the neighborhood is great exercise for me and the dogs.
When we walk fast we are burning calories and that can help you lose weight.
Walking is great exercise. I also love to drive to the beach and walk on the cliffs overlooking the ocean. It's another place I love and so do my dogs.
Walking helps keep me and my 2 dogs fit.
I don't walk around the neighborhood usually. We don't have sidewalks, so it requires walking on a narrow shoulder of a main road with a posted speed limit of 40 mph. We'll occasionally walk the small portion of that road to get to a side road, and will walk that, but we're more likely to either walk around the neighbor's field, or pack the dogs into the car and head to the park to walk.
Yes, mostly because our dog requires four walks a day. He loves to greet his public and they love him. We are very lucky to live by a regional trail and I use that for my half marathon training. We live in the middle of the city where we have nice wide sidewalks, which makes walking less treacherous. I think walking anywhere as long as you are doing something is awesome. Climate helps too- once you get used to the rain, Seattle is a four seasons kind of place.
I try (but do not always get the chance) to walk around my neighborhood. I do a 30-40 minute walk from my place, west into Central Park, south to the museums and then back around. A little exercise and its nice to clear my mind!
I walk and run around my city (New Bedford, Mass.) a lot - especially in warmer weather. (Have a treadmill for New England winters.) I have a city map and mark off roads I've walked/ran. New Bedford is long and skinny, about 3 miles E-W but 11 miles N-S. We live about three miles from its southern tip. I've covered every road east, west and south of our house, and for about four miles north, so it's getting to where it takes a fairly long walk or run to hit fresh territory. I'm not in a hurry to finish the map, though.
We live near a neighborhood that we often walk in. We go between 4 and 6 miles each walk. It's a nice time to get out and move but we also use the time to reconnect. When you are walking around the 'hood there are no TVs, iDevices, computers, or phones to distract you.
My local pub (for clarification see my sig!) is about a 15 minute walk.

Round trip that's like 2 'free' Guinness.

I walk it about three times a week or so.
Quote: My local pub (for clarification see my sig!) is about a 15 minute walk.

Round trip that's like 2 'free' Guinness.

I walk it about three times a week or so.
My kind of walk

Plus I'm pretty sure koko does a similar walk to the pubs when he's in London

Cheers.
Walking is one of my two primary forms of exercise, the other being various dance related things (e.g. zumba). For those who like to walk and who travel frequently, I highly recommend Volksmarch. This is an international program, with (usually) 10K non-competitive walks in various places at various levels of difficulty. Some events ("regular" events) are just one day (or one weekend) while there are also "year round" or "seasonal" events that can be done any time. You get awards (pins and patches) for the number of events you do and distances and there are also various special programs you can sign up for that cover events passing particular types of landmarks (e.g. I've done rivers, railroads, historic churches, museums, American Cities A-Z, etc.)

The costs are reasonable ($5 for the event and distance tracking books, $10 for special program books, $3 per event for credit) and it is a great way to find walking routes in other cities. If you're slightly obsessive, it can also provide great excuses to travel. For example, I recently went to San Antonio for a weekend, primarily because one of the walks there has consistently been rated one of the best in the U.S. (I did a second walk there, as well.)

For more info, see www.ava.org

But, yeah, I walk around my neighborhood, too. Particularly since there is a large park with nice walking trails just a couple of blocks away. Sometimes, in good weather, I walk part of the way home from work.
Quote: My kind of walk

Plus I'm pretty sure koko does a similar walk to the pubs when he's in London

Cheers.
koko--is there a hotel within walking distance of the pub? If there is, why don't you plan a Travel Health & Fitness DO there, and we can all stay at the hotel and walk to/from the pub?
Quote: Walking is one of my two primary forms of exercise, the other being various dance related things (e.g. zumba). For those who like to walk and who travel frequently, I highly recommend Volksmarch. This is an international program, with (usually) 10K non-competitive walks in various places at various levels of difficulty. Some events ("regular" events) are just one day (or one weekend) while there are also "year round" or "seasonal" events that can be done any time. You get awards (pins and patches) for the number of events you do and distances and there are also various special programs you can sign up for that cover events passing particular types of landmarks (e.g. I've done rivers, railroads, historic churches, museums, American Cities A-Z, etc.)

The costs are reasonable ($5 for the event and distance tracking books, $10 for special program books, $3 per event for credit) and it is a great way to find walking routes in other cities. If you're slightly obsessive, it can also provide great excuses to travel. For example, I recently went to San Antonio for a weekend, primarily because one of the walks there has consistently been rated one of the best in the U.S. (I did a second walk there, as well.)

For more info, see www.ava.org

But, yeah, I walk around my neighborhood, too. Particularly since there is a large park with nice walking trails just a couple of blocks away. Sometimes, in good weather, I walk part of the way home from work.
For zumba, do you go to classes, or do you have DVD's at home?
I used to do this more frequently, but my neighborhood is much more crowded now than it was when I moved there, making walks unpleasant, so I don't do this very much anymore. I still do it, but I have to time it during a period when I am less likely to run into crowds. When I lived in Chicago, I used to do this as exercise all the time - on a sunny day, it's very pleasant, and you can walk for miles and miles through Ravenswood and St. Ben's and Lakeview and on and on.

Anyway, part of my weight loss regimen now is to exercise every other day, and today is it, so I may take a walk downtown. But yeah, walking is my favorite exercise.
I rarely walk through my neighborhood proper, but I live about a min or 2 from the Consolidated Canal. This is a real working canal, that brings water into the city (there's a city water treatment plant nearby). Anyway, the city has put multi-use pathways along both sides; one side is concrete with lighting (as long as the copper thieves aren't around), the other is either just packed dirt or blacktop (which I much prefer for running). The city of Chandler has worked with the town of Gilbert to make this canal really nice...too bad Mesa hasn't really done too much, but it is rare I go that far.

There are nearly unlimited miles I could run or walk. This canal connects with others, and if I wanted to I could go to the Salt River, or clear across to the other side of the Phoenix area. I walk the dog along it, run along the canal...
I walk around my neighborhood several times a week. I used to bike for exercise, but as I got older my neck fused and knees deteriorated, so walking if my choice of exercise now. I'm lucky to live on a hill with views of ocean and mountains, so that keeps me interested in walks.