Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Things to do in Los Angels with a kid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things to do in Los Angels with a kid

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
The Space Shuttle Endeavour exhibit at the California Science Center is spectacular.
+1 on the Space Shuttle. The Natural History museum also has a new dinosaur exhibit that my 5yo totally loved.

+1 on day at the beach -- I recommend the beach at the end of Windward Ave in Venice, as there's a huge playground in the sand there.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
If you check out the Santa Monica Pier and/or the 3rd St. Promenade, make sure to visit the relatively new Tongva Park. There is a big play area for kids there. My wife has been doing many play-dates with our almost 4 year old there.

If heading to the beach, there is also a relatively new playground near the Santa Monica/Venice border called South Beach Park that opened last year.

Did not see the Zimmer Museum mentioned earlier in the thread. And if your child likes planes then perhaps either the LAX Flight Path Museum or Santa Monica Airport Museum of Flying would be worth a short visit?

The Red Tricycle LA site is always a good place to check for what is happening for a specific weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.