Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Will you be taking Play-Doh on your next flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will you be taking Play-Doh on your next flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:39 am

Programs: WorldPerks
Don't bring Play-Doh, for all you know the TSA will say it's part of a discription given too them, "Mad Jihadi planning to destroy plane with Play-Doh". Take all nesccesary precautions.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by skofarrell
Play-doh (aka 'Satan's Toy' in our house) is on permanent "ban". Too many instances of finding it ground into the carpet, smeared on furniture, etc.

I hate it!
Oh, but it tastes soooooo good. Saltier than paste and a chewier than Elmer's Glue.

Actually, though, since I've outgrown my fondness for eating the stuff, I hate it with a passion. Although it was never formally banned in our house, they'll find Jimmy Hoffa before they find the last 4 cans that we owned.

No way would I ever take it on a plane. It stains, it smears, it crumbles into little chunks that adhere to everything but the other little chunks.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: No name
Have made very simple game. You can see more here
http://www.pbs.org/parents/crafts-fo...ke-play-dough/
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Witnessed a kid pasting playdoh all over business seat on cx the other day - mother was too busy with another kid and fas didnt say a word.
I was there with my kids of about same age - just cant imagine anyone in right mind bringing this thing on board as toy...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Don't they have virtual playdoh for ipads? Less mess and easier to pack!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
It can be done under close supervision. But there are a lot of other alternatives to occupy a child.

We don't have carpet in our house, so we do a lot of play dough at home. They know to only do the play dough on our rustic, farmhouse table, inherited from my husband's boarding school when they redid their dining hall. Crumbs sweep up easily off of a hard floor. ^

I have taken single, small pots of it on flights before (the party favor size), but I've only gotten it out when we really needed a good diversion -- and I was *right there* while it was being used, with a plate or other surface to contain it, which was further contained in the child's car seat.

A new multipack of Hot Wheel cars in a zipper-style zip-lock bag have worked the best for us. It's now a tradition that whenever we embark on a trip my son gets a few new cars to discover in his back pack once settled onboard. This has been going on for about 4 years now, and he still loves it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.