Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

BA 777 First Class Bassinet Position 1A?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Hi there,

I've done searches, looked at BA.com and also spoken to BAEC, and have received conflicting information.

Can someone confirm whether 1A is a bassinet position on the 777, 13 seat First config.

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
British Airways flies more than one version of the 777...777-200 3-Class and 777-200 4-Class. First class on the 777-200 3-Class plane has 36 seats and First Class on the 777-200 4-Class plane has 14 seats. According to Seat Guru, 1A on a 777-200 4-Class plane is reserved for BA Executive Gold members and VIPs. If this is correct, I doubt that there is a bassinet for 1A.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Just to clarify .... it's a 777 4 class 13 seat First Class config.

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
BA refers to bassinets as carrycots. These carrycots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and can't be used when the seat belt signs are on.

Infant seats and carrycots
We can supply specially designed carrycots so that your infant can sleep on board, particularly useful for longhaul flights. We can also supply an on-board infant seat that attaches to the carrycot positions.

The carrycots and infant seats cannot be used when the seat belt signs are on.

We have a limited number of carrycots and infant seats, which are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Please request them from the cabin crew on board the aircraft.

The infants seats supplied by British Airways are:

•ideal for ages from 6 months to 2 years, but can also be used from birth
•adjustable to a variety of positions from horizontal to vertical
•available for infants who weigh no more than 13kgs (29lbs)
available on all longhaul flights, except in First Class on Boeing 777 aircraft, where only carrycots are available
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Yup, I've seen what the website says, but there's been quite a few mentions on the BA forum about First Class bassinets, that I wondered if someone could clarify for certain.

Not to worry. I think we'll keep our center seats in the hope that there's a spare seat in First which my husband can take and the boy and I can share the center seats
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:18 am

Does anyone know where the bassinet has moved to in the New First 777 cabin?

The BA call centre first said there was now just one in row 4 but have now advised that New First has no bassinet position?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geosat
Does anyone know where the bassinet has moved to in the New First 777 cabin?

The BA call centre first said there was now just one in row 4 but have now advised that New First has no bassinet position?
I can't remember off the top of my head, so jump on over to the BA forum and do a search. There's is one, I just can't remember which row.

I was told by more than one BA employee that there was no bassinet position in First on the 777, when there is. Thankfully, some very accomodating fellow passengers offered to swap seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.