Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Opinions on children's travel beds, especially kid-o-bunk travel bunk bed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC

I have two boys, currently 3 and 5. We've taken them around the world a number of times and spent many nights in hotel rooms. When the kids were little, we brought a BabyBjorn travel crib. Now that they are older, we bring an inflatable sleepover bed. While it's easy to bring and fits in a suit case, it's not that great for sleeping. Amongst other things, the inflatable part makes noise whenever the kid moves.

I'm looking at the kid-O-bunk travel bunk bed, which seems perfect for our needs. Our kids have a bunk bed at home and love it. Has anyone tried one of these? Online reviews seem somewhat biased: "I got or borrowed one for free and we loved it."

Whenever we fly somewhere, we tend to have a massive luggage allowance, so checking another bag or two is never a problem. Fitting in a small taxi or rental car sometimes is, but I'd rather the kids sleep well. I'd rather not pay for rollaway beds and hope they are available.

Thanks in advance,
Flyerbjorn
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I don't have any feedback for you, but this looks amazing. Something I could definitely see our family using in the future, especially now that we have 3 kids, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! Baby just turned 1 and is still using the Bjorn travel crib (which I got from my mother-in-law as a shower gift for tinydancer 9 years ago.), but it's starting to show some wear and tear. I can see getting this once he transitions to a big kid bed.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
The customer reviews on amazon.com are overwhelmingly positive, so I'll probably buy one of these and take bring it on our next overseas trip.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We ve been using a regular queen size $15 inflatable mattress for several years for our kids. Last week we used it in park hyatt moscow and intercontinental vienna.
2 extra blankets, sheets and pillows from housekeeping and it gets as comfortable as any hotel bed. Buy them as needed and leave them at hotels if need space in bags for return
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:38 pm

I do recommend you Regalo My Cot Portable Bed. The bed can support up to 75 lbs and this is a perfect portable bed for kids between 2 to 5 years old. The bed is very comfortable according to the reviews.

Also, everyone can setup this bed very quickly and the product is made from a durable steel.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:43 am

Another thumbs up for the Regalo My Cot. Our two year old daughter loves it, it is simple to transport and set up.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:29 pm

Somehow my siblings and I managed to survive sleeping bags on the floor at motels or Grandpa's house. Even my kid has survived the dreaded sleeping bag on the floor at a relative's house a few times.

I can't imagine lugging that bunkbed thing around. What I can imagine is it tipping over when the kids horse around (I have a lot of brothers - as kids if there was a way to get into mischief and/or injure each other with a gadget, guaranteed they found it).
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by krawin
I do recommend you Regalo My Cot Portable Bed. The bed can support up to 75 lbs and this is a perfect portable bed for kids between 2 to 5 years old. The bed is very comfortable according to the reviews.

Also, everyone can setup this bed very quickly and the product is made from a durable steel.
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Another thumbs up for the Regalo My Cot. Our two year old daughter loves it, it is simple to transport and set up.
Never looked at this before.. kinda like it - are you able to get this packed away in luggage? Another loose item to be carried on/checked wouldn't be my pref - alternative are those inflatable ones that you can usually smush down in luggage.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:25 pm

Mine are teens, but I would have loved to have had this product when they were younger. We have purchased these, but what you're looking at looks much better imo:

https://www.rei.com/product/883140/k...52463_bf26d159

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.