Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Booking airfare when child is flying out with grandma but back with me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

What is the best way to book this trip? My mom is flying out to visit us and on her return trip home she'll take my boys (ages 8 and 11) back with her. About 6 days later I'll fly to my Mom's location, stay for a couple of days and then bring the boys back home with me. This travel is all within the US and we can pretty easily do nonstop flights (3 to 4 hours long).

I'm thinking its best to somehow link the boys tickets to the adult who will be traveling with them. (Would you agree?) So is it best to book one-ways for everyone? Is it even a option to book a roundtrip for the boys without them looking like unaccompanied minors? Most online booking sites ask for their age.

thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It depends on the airline, but they should allow you to book a round trip for the child on a separate itinerary. You may have to call to get it done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.