Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Kid's travel on UA-B747 or LH-A380 with UA*G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kid's travel on UA-B747 or LH-A380 with UA*G

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Smile Kid's travel on UA-B747 or LH-A380 with UA*G

Hi all,

We are planning our summer family visit. We are two parents, and (then hopefully) 2 kids, one 3y old, the other 3m old.

We are flying from SFO to FRA, economy or economy plus.

There are two direct options, one is with UA (B747-400), the other one is with LH (A380). One of us is Mileageplus Gold / Staralliance UA*G member.

We have three full seats to book and cannot book the "Infant in Lap" seat until Kid 2 is born.

From your experience: Which airline and airplane would you recommend for the above setting, if prices are similar?
What are bassinet rows in the planes, the ones with at the bulkhead?
Also, would you recommend booking online or having a call with the agent?

Any additional thoughts?

THANK YOU SO MUCH
FlyerGirl77

(this is also showing up at Star Alliance Forum. I did not know that there's a Kids forum, sorry about that!)

Last edited by FlyerGirl77; Jan 22, 2017 at 6:09 pm
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:47 am

LH is much better with infants and is good with assigning bassinet seat when you book. You can book the unborn infant. They use 'infant' or similar as the first name. In regular economy that would be my clear preference.

Economy+ on UA is worth quite a bit though - so if they can assign you the bassinet position when booking I'd likely go for that.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
LH is much better with infants and is good with assigning bassinet seat when you book. You can book the unborn infant. They use 'infant' or similar as the first name. In regular economy that would be my clear preference.

That's strange. I spoke with LH yesterday and they advised me that the Lap infant cannot be booked before the birth of the child. Your experience is clearly different?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGirl77
That's strange. I spoke with LH yesterday and they advised me that the Lap infant cannot be booked before the birth of the child. Your experience is clearly different?
Apologies for jumping the gun. Booking an unborn infant is typically possible many carriers. I have traveled with an infant on LH but she was born already. I would still call back and ask a supervisor and/or check if you can reserve the bassinet and add the infant after s/he is born.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.