Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Do armrests go up in BA A380 WT or WT+?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:39 pm
nya
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

We are travelling on BA011 from LHR to SIN and BA012 back, both of which are on the new A380.

We have a choice to go WT or WT+ due to Avios upgrades, so this is not a cost decision. Our daughter will be 4 when we fly. We were hoping to get three seats across and put armrests up, so she can sleep across us. We were going to go WT+ then I read that the armrests don't go up so she can't do this, despite the WT+ upper deck being good otherwise.

I then read somewhere that the armrests in economy also don't go fully up on the A380? We may not go BA at all if this is the case, as my daughter is not the type to crash out and sleep undisturbed no matter what position she sleeps in. Lying down would be better!

I need to book if we are going to get the upgrade, but wanted to hear definitively whether they go up or not on these flights. Thanks!!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by nya
We are travelling on BA011 from LHR to SIN and BA012 back, both of which are on the new A380.
Ask in the normal forum if the he armrests go 'fully up' and you will get the answer you need. BUT please be aware, BA could change the plane on you.

BTW, im not sure if I understand what you mean by fully up.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Qatar Airways's armrests in economy on the A380 went fully upright so i'd presume its the same for BA's also!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
this may be too late for the OP, but just to complete the thread in case someone else is searching for the answer.

I flew back on the BA A380 last week in WT. I was on the upper deck and managed to snag a row to myself so I could sleep. I was surprised that the armrests do not, in fact go up all the way-- they do go up, to about a 45 degree angle. That said, I was able to raise the armrests that amount and still slide under them while lying down to sleep. I had to find the right position in which to sleep such that I fit, but I'm a fairly large guy.

The last time I was in WT+ on the BA 380, the armrests were fixed (and solid).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.