Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Favorite child/baby specific travel products

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite child/baby specific travel products

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
RideSafer vest. So much easier to travel with, esp in Asia. http://safetrafficsystem.com/

Pet waste bag for diapers, soiled clothes, whatever. They're cheap, compact to carry and absolutely sealed everything in. https://www.amazon.com/bagsonboard

Painter masking tape, I think that's what they're called. They're easy to tear up with hands, but still sturdy enough. I used them for labels (you can write on them with regular pen). Use them to tape stuff up. I once taped my kid's pants so it fits better on the waist.,
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by adamak
Pet waste bag for diapers, soiled clothes, whatever. They're cheap, compact to carry and absolutely sealed everything in. https://www.amazon.com/bagsonboard
This reminds me of another one. The pet waste bags are great for single diapers; but, I use the following, which snap together (sealing in the smell) and we can fit ~20 diapers inside (great for several nights in a hotel or at grandma's house and for leaving a car during roadtrips): Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail Snap, Seal and Toss Refill Bags
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
When my son was too old for a buggy but not too fond of walking far we bought him a trunki. For those of you unfamiliar with this, it is a small plastic suitcase on wheels. My son could sit on the case and be pulled along by the strap. When he stopped using it, we sold it on eBay for around 25% of the original cost.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
We absolutely love the GoGo Babyz Travelmate rolling car seat carrier for our son once he was over 2. We ditched our larger stroller and would just check a cheap umbrella stroller to have at the destination. The large wheels roll effortlessly and are on good bearings. We can strap him into the car seat to easily pull around and he can't run off. Quick and easy to get the seat on, and we'd just leave it attached to the car seat when gate checking the car seat. Now that we have two littles ones (15 month and 4.5 year old) we still get a ton of use out of it. Baby gets the stroller and big kid gets the car seat roller.

Next thing we got a lot of use out of (especially when renting an apartment, house, or in a country without high chairs) was a portable foldable booster seat. If you strap the back and bottom to a chair, it's very sturdy. Our son used it at 11 months in Barcelona all over (we'd set it up on the patio faster than they could get a high chair). It's light wait and packs small. We even just used it this weekend camping, strapped to a picnic bench for our 15 month old. The straps are long, and we've been able to get it around some pretty large chairs.
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Fold...h+chair+travel

Last edited by roknroll; Aug 15, 2016 at 5:32 pm
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Also agree on the fold-up travel booster. We took one everywhere while our kids were too small to sit at the table. Reduces the stress that the dining establishment you choose will not have high chairs, which are not that common in many places outside the US.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Lightbulb

Fly-Tot is instrumental for our making flights over 2h bearable. It's an inflatable footstool-like item which turns any economy or premium economy seat into one emulating NZ's SkyCouch or CI's FamilyCouch. Carrying my 7mo old for a long time is hard. Luckily, the current landscape of many fare sales makes buying multiple economy seats more affordable.

Disclaimer, I've no relation to them except as a consumer. I found it while trying to make BR emulate CI's FamilyCouch seating as I accumulate on UA.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Good Regalo and Kidco Travel products on Zulily

I noticed Zulily has some of the travel products mentioned in this thread on sale today.

They've got the blue booster seat chair, which we liked a lot, along with those PeaPod travel tents and portable cots, cribs and bassinets. Lots of Childproofing stuff, too, like outlet covers (we traveled with a handful of these for a while).

Zulily's prices are usually a little less than regular prices, so it's nice to be able to catch their deals. This one ends in 2 days, though.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:38 pm

We may be trying out a mifold on our next trip. We have a RSTV which I loved, but it's a bit complicated and now that the eldest is getting bigger this seems like a much better solution (although we may cave and just pack the high back booster as well, we'll see)

Do you try out the zarbee's melatonin ahead of time? I'm not a fan of benedryl for flights, but having considered melatonin for myself for jet lag this seems like a better option.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

The zarbee's worked a treat on our overnight LAX-LHR for our 6 year old. She went to sleep around 7:30pm LA time and slept the rest of the flight (about 7 hours). Used it around 8pm local time the following day and knocked out the jetlag completely -- she was raring to go the rest of the trip, and it seemed like the adjustment was effortless.

We also loved the MiFold this time around. It fit into my purse and was easy to use once you got the hang of it.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:40 am

My only concern about the mifold is that he can't *quite* see out the window. Although he just shot up a bit last week so I suppose I should check again by trip time. We've done a couple trial trips around town and it's been great. He's even fallen asleep in it and stayed sitting properly.

What time did you give the zarbees before the flight? Just right as you board?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I can't say enough about the GoGoBabyz child seat cart as Roknroll called out above. We love it and it was money well spent. Little miss rolls through the airport in her seat on the cart, push it or pull it.

also available on Zulily from time to time ...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: United Plus
Instead of the overpriced GogoKidz, you can use a standard metal luggage cart.

Works just as well for a fraction of the price. I found that my child could ride in it from about 18 months to age 3 or so.

The Gogo has a plastic base, which I can't recommend. Get one that is all metal. More durable.

What's great about the luggage cart is that you'll use it for years. Mine is almost 30 years old (the plastic base one I had before broke after only a few months). It's helped me move and taken science projects to school, etc.

Instead of just yet-another baby-specific product, a luggage cart will be useful for years.
https://www.amazon.com/travel-access...ode=2477389011

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.