Wiki Posts
Search

RideSafer Vest Users

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1MM AA - finally
RideSafer Vest Users

So we are taking a trip with the kids in the near future and for the first time are not renting a car. Both of our girls will have the vest because we are only going from/to the airport. I reserved a SuperShuttle.

I don't want to be denied transportation because the driver doesn't know what the vest is. Has anyone ever had a problem with using the vest in a taxi or shuttle?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Since taxis and shuttles are pretty much universally exempt from car seat laws entirely, I can see no reason why there would be any kind of issue...
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
Since taxis and shuttles are pretty much universally exempt from car seat laws entirely, I can see no reason why there would be any kind of issue...
SuperShuttle explicitly says children under 5 must be in a child restraint seat.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
Actually, the exemption is far from universal - taxis are not exempt in California, for example. I just bought a Ride Safer vest for use on a trip there and to Oregon.

OP, I've not used the Ride Safer vest yet, but I suspect it won't be a problem on Super Shuttle. The only issue I could see is if the van doesn't have shoulder harnesses, in which case some of the newer vests would not work.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

We are going to CA. I may have to choose a different option. Here is what I sent them:

Hi. I wanted to verify that the drivers are aware of what a RideSafer Travel Vest is. My daughters are 3 and 4 and we were planning on bringing those to use for their child restraint system and I do not want to be denied service because of a lack of understanding. Here is their website for reference with the link to the California section that says it is an approved CRS: http://saferide4kids.com/technicians_laws/#California If someone would please send an official confirmation to my email that I can show the driver I would be more comfortable. I'm only concerned because it looks different than a regular car seat but it is an approved child restraint system for children 3 and over and I don't want to end up in a disagreement with the driver when we arrive nor when we need to return to the airport. Thank you!
Here is the reply I got:

Dear firespirit

I do know about the carseats that you have so I do not want tosay yes or no.

Thank you for choosing SuperShuttle.

Best regards,

----

Customer Care Level III

ETA: Our version can be used without a 3 point seatbelt, however it has to use the anchor to do that.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by firespirit
We are going to CA. I may have to choose a different option. Here is what I sent them:

Here is the reply I got:

ETA: Our version can be used without a 3 point seatbelt, however it has to use the anchor to do that.
Is there a big cost difference to take a cab? Shouldn't be an issue there.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rjque
Is there a big cost difference to take a cab? Shouldn't be an issue there.
I'm going to try to call a cab company and see. We need a van, so I'm not sure if that's more expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.