Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Car seat question - threading seat belt

Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here...

We have a normal convertible car seat (britax advocate). Forward facing, the seatbelt just threads through the back, between the cushion and the frame. However, on an airplane, the buckle ends up right in the middle of the cushion.
What are you supposed to do about this, besides tie a knot in one side of the belt to shorten it?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status

I just put one of the folded airline blankets in the seat behind my child's back.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
I just put one of the folded airline blankets in the seat behind my child's back.
This is a good idea. Along the same lines - I "borrowed" a small US Airways pillow years ago and have been using that ever since.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.