Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Do any of you travel with young kids?

Do any of you travel with young kids?

Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A 100% breastfed baby under 6 months is usually only going to poop once a week or so. I diaper changed other than in bath room if it was just wet. Most of the time I could do it so quickly and unobtrusively I don't think most people noticed.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
A 100% breastfed baby under 6 months is usually only going to poop once a week or so. I diaper changed other than in bath room if it was just wet. Most of the time I could do it so quickly and unobtrusively I don't think most people noticed.
I'm pretty sure that plenty of 3-6 months-old breastfed-only babies have a bowel motion more than once a week, even as the range of usual for such babies covers the spectrum from once or twice per day to once or twice per 7-9 days.

Most urine-only diaper changes can be done pretty quickly and unobtrusively indeed. But if not done correctly, at least with little boys, spray protection can be useful even for some of the very quickest diaper changes.

Oh the things people learn when doing process engineering and activity-based costing for daycares and nurseries.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Yeah, not my boys. They pooped several times a day, even when exclusively breastfeeding.

I believe this varies widely from kid to kid. There's really no set rule. Like, at all.

If anything, formula-fed kids poop less, because of the iron fortification.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine both averaged 8 to 9 days but when it came it was bad. But I truly gave them nothing but bm. The minute anything else was introduced it went to a normal pattern.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm the person with rubber gloves and plenty of alcohol when clearing TSA checkpoints, and I only operate the bathroom fixtures/dispensers in public areas by way of using a wad of paper as a protective barrier.
I cannot stress how much I can relate to this! It made my day. I am pretty insane about bathroom-related germs but my husband tops all. His proudest moment as a father was when he saw my son walk out of a public restroom backwards, using his butt to bump open the door with his clean hands held upright like a scrubbed surgeon.

We had large, disposable pads that we would put down on top of any diaper changing station, that way no part of our son or our gear touched the changing area. The soiled diaper and wipes were neatly folded with the dirty side in and immediately wrapped into a plastic bag. Body parts or fluids never touched the surface. There was plenty of times we changed him on the floor in an out of the way location.

Your statement about different degrees of choices is spot on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.