Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage cart for car seat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl
That's impressive. You managed to get two seats to hang off the stroller handle?!? I assume you were careful when the kid wasn't sitting in it (tipping over) and you probably threw the car seats into the stroller when the child wasn't riding in it.

I also rarely traveled with a stroller. A toddler could ride in the car seat attached to the luggage cart but mine preferred to walk (using the car seat as a back-up. I usually borrowed a stroller at our destination (resorts provided them, child-free family asked around...)
The City Mini doesn't tip over with the Evenflo Titan65 seats, or the Sceneras on them. They are both really light seats, which is why we use them when traveling. The Sceneras, I think I read, are just over 8 lbs, and the Titan65s are probably like 10 maybe? (A bit of background: we used to use Sceneras but switched to Titan65 when our older boy outgrew the Scenera. We went ahead and just switched both boys, since that way we can nest the seats as shown in the picture.)

Now, when we take out Uppababy G-Lite umbrella stroller, it will definitely tip without a child in it.

We actually don't really have a reason to put the seats in the stroller itself. If we put anything in there, it would be one of our backpacks, which can be quite heavy. And when we're in the airport, it's rare that the child won't be in the stroller. If they're not in it, we're usually grabbing a bite to eat or waiting in the lounge, in which case our backpacks would be in it as mentioned above.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: United Plus
That's great to know, that two Titan65's can nest into one another. They're also light, which is helpful. How were they to install? They're also not expensive, relatively speaking for a seat that goes to 65lbs.

Another version when traveling with a double stroller would be to put the two nested seats in one half of the double stroller, leaving the other seat free for a child to ride in.

Using the tether straps is a good idea.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:01 pm

How much does the new Scenera Next weigh in at? I had a look at it the other day and it looked even more perfect for travel than the old Scenera!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Scen...Print/41126739
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt

The downside to the Titan 65 is that it doesn't fit through the X-ray at security. So they have to be checked manually. :/ The Scenera does fit, though. They also nest. We use a bungee cord to keep them together.

Install of the 65 is fine. The only downside is that the buckle might end up on the back of the seat when forward-facing, which can be uncomfortable. The only way I can think of to remedy this would be to shove a blanket or stuffed animal back there to even things out a bit. Not optimum. This is less of an issue when rear-facing, since the buckle tightened on the seat bottom. Tray tables don't come down all the way. So that's another consideration. But for short haul flights, I think all of these limitations are acceptable.

The Scenera, as others have mentioned, can be a bit finicky sometimes when installing in a car. Titan 65 is abut easier. Straps are not the easiest to tighten and loosen and keep from getting twisty. I am spoiled by our Foonfs. But it works.

That's about all I can think of!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:37 am

The Scenera is also outgrown quicker. Better choice for a "travel seat" if you don't see using it again/often. For those who would be using it for frequent future trips, there are several that, for not that much more money, will last much longer.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

We ended up buying a GoGoBabyz Travelmate before our trip and loved it. Overall, it was smaller and lighter than the luggage cart and the ratchet strap (vs using bungee with standard cart) was super easy to attach seat.

A bonus - our daughter really loved riding in the seat through the airports!

So I would recommend, if you aren't adverse to spending $70, I found it to be very useful.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:20 am

Children definitely can ride in the car seat attached to a luggage cart too. That is NOT a reason to buy the Gogo instead of a normal luggage cart. Mine doesn't weigh much but it couldn't be much more than the 5lbs. that the Gogo is and works in exactly the same way.

I just don't trust the plastic base. I've had reports of it breaking in airports. It just doesn't look as sturdy as a luggage cart.

Plus, we parents are pushed with so many products, this is one that you can avoid. The cart works just as well and can serve many purposes long after the child is out of a car seat.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl
Children definitely can ride in the car seat attached to a luggage cart too. That is NOT a reason to buy the Gogo instead of a normal luggage cart. Mine doesn't weigh much but it couldn't be much more than the 5lbs. that the Gogo is and works in exactly the same way.

I just don't trust the plastic base. I've had reports of it breaking in airports. It just doesn't look as sturdy as a luggage cart.

Plus, we parents are pushed with so many products, this is one that you can avoid. The cart works just as well and can serve many purposes long after the child is out of a car seat.
A more expensive cart works just as well, and perhaps better. But cheaper carts do not work at all, at least, not in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.