Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Gate check Stroller & Car Seat - Joovy Ultralight Caboose

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone had luck gate checking the Joovy Ultralight Caboose stroller or anything similar? It's one of those sit and stand strollers. We'll also have an infant car seat attached to it as well. We would have to gate check the stroller and car seat.

We are flying Air Canada to get there and then United the main stretch back home.

TIA!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by FlyingRubies
Has anyone had luck gate checking the Joovy Ultralight Caboose stroller or anything similar? It's one of those sit and stand strollers. We'll also have an infant car seat attached to it as well. We would have to gate check the stroller and car seat.

We are flying Air Canada to get there and then United the main stretch back home.

TIA!
Yeah, when my little guy was very young (< 1 yr) we gate-checked our snap stroller and car seat on various airlines including UA. Never had a problem.

I looked at a pic of the Joovy product and I honestly can't imagine that there would be any problem in getting it gate checked too... it looks almost exactly like a regular one-child snap stroller. You're good to go.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reassurance heraclitus!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:28 pm

Bon voyage!

And enjoy the snap-stroller while it lasts! I miss those days... now I have to lug around the car seat separately, as our little guy is too big for the infant car seat!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Yes, we've done it. Only once. I preferred using an umbrella for the bigger kid and an ergo for the smaller one. The Joovy is just not all that maneuverable.

I think the Baby Jogger City Select is a nicer double option -- although about double to triple the cost. :/
Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:28 am

My wife bought the Baby Jogger City Select for the prospect of eventually having a second child, but the way my kid runs around at 18 months, it's hard to imagine him sitting still for a prolonged period in a stroller ever again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.