Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Twins and oxygen masks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Twins and oxygen masks

We are flying on a Delta 76W (Boeing 767) and we are traveling with two lap children. When we took the first leg of the flight on the same plane they said only lap child per row (so no sitting across the isle from each other) so we were not able to sit together. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if it is really true that there are no extra oxygen masks on the side seats and if there is any way to be sure we are seated as a family. Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is true. No more than one lap child per row. There are extra masks, but only one. And, you need two. You can be seated together with one of you + lap child in front of or behind. The alternative is to purchase a seat for one child and rotate having one of you with no lap child.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Welcome to FT, Barcelonatwinmom!

Yes, it's true. Why would you think they were lying? You'll have to split up, as mentioned above, or purchase seats for your children.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
Welcome to FT, Barcelonatwinmom!

Yes, it's true. Why would you think they were lying? You'll have to split up, as mentioned above, or purchase seats for your children.
+1, with emphasis on the latter solution.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP should be able to sit across the aisle as she suggested.
There is only one extra mask per block of seats (2-3-2 in 767 i assume) but sitting across the aisle will address that.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:49 am

Regs are one oxygen mask must be available at each row for a flight attendant in the aisle. There is one extra mask in each overhead. So two lap children can't be in the row even if across the aisle (assuming all seats are taken). That would leave no mask available for a flight attendant caught in the aisle at that point.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting.. there are multiple bassinets in bulkheads so clearly this does not apply there..
i am sure we sat across with lap kids - perhaps the regs if true are not well known or enforced..
that being said, for the sake of sanity on a long flight i d buy a seat for one kid - row of 3 for family of 4 is a tolerable compromise. .
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by azepine00
Interesting.. there are multiple bassinets in bulkheads so clearly this does not apply there..
Delta has a limit of two SkyCots (bassinets) per aircraft.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: United Plus
No, there are O2 masks in the aisle too, for any Flight Attendants (or passengers!) in the aisle.

Different aircraft have different configs with the O2 masks. Most have one per row. I'm surprised that on such a big plane, that there wouldn't be an extra O2 mask on each side of the aircraft.

I would assume that if there were two bassinets, that there would be at least two extra O2 masks in that bulkhead row. I hope!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.