Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Drinks in carryons limited to kids <18mos?!?

Drinks in carryons limited to kids <18mos?!?

Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I generally don't think about this at all with my 2 year old. If I have milk in the bag, it goes with me, and the TSA tests it while I am getting the stroller unfolded. It takes no extra time at all, and I've never been questioned.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
I don't believe that there is an official age cut off, but is it really so hard just to buy some milk once you get through security? It might not be organic though,

OP, why did you bother arguing with a TSA agent, especially after he let you through? Did you think this was going to change anything?
Because he was being an unprovoked a-hole about it, pretty much....and I would never go into reliance on the airport happening to have a specific food item that is an integral part of my kid's diet/comfort. To echo another poster, I'd definitely hold up the line at TSA for a couple of minutes if it means a greater probability of a happier child to fly with.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
I don't believe that there is an official age cut off, but is it really so hard just to buy some milk once you get through security? It might not be organic though,

OP, why did you bother arguing with a TSA agent, especially after he let you through? Did you think this was going to change anything?
Some of us originate trips at airports that don't have any milk sold airside at the time we fly; and picking up milk in sufficient quantities when at a connecting airport isn't always possible in a timely manner.

Sometimes lecturing the TSA after being cleared by the TSA is useful. It may help make it easier on the next people to encounter the TSA under much the same circumstances. Then again, the TSA may also take out its own frustrations on the next passengers.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by suranyi
We just went through both OAK and MDW with a sippy cup full of milk for a five-year-old. (Yes, we're trying to get him off them, that's another story.) TSA didn't blink an eye.

BTW, the Southwest FA told us they don't carry dairy products on any of their flights, so it's a good thing we brought the milk with us.
An update to my own post: Going through SNA the other day, TSA told us that our son was too old, so he had to dump his milk. He actually didn't put up a fuss.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.