Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Transitioning from lap infant to own seat--please help

Transitioning from lap infant to own seat--please help

Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by DanishFlyer
Then what does one do with a lap child during seatbelts-on time? No restraint possible?

DanishFlyer
The parent uses the seatbelt and holds the child. The US does not allow the child to be tethered to the adult. A child tethered to an adult is more likely to sustain a crushing injury during routine turbulence. A child being held is more likely to be a projectile and harm another passenger but the child is less likely to be injured.

Different perspectives. US other passengers may be injured but injury to child less likely. Non-US child more likely to be injured but other passengers safer.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
As follow up the trip was perfect. Our LO slept much of the time and watched movies the rest of the time. My wife is pretty small so at some points we could even sit 3 abreast in the two EC seats!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.