Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Newborn and traveling international with infant - passports and tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newborn and traveling international with infant - passports and tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
My experience has been that they print "lap infant" onto the appropriate adult's boarding pass.

No need to wait until you get to the airport to do it, though. Delta, you can enter the lap infant online under the "special services" section after you've booked. AA, you have to call. Both will still let you do online check in.
US issues me a separate boarding pass, but it's a minor difference. The reason I recommend doing it at the airport on a domestic ticket, at least with US, is that often times a lap infant on the PNR will mess with complimentary upgrades. It's not against their policy or anything, but it's an IT quirk. So when we had a lap infant we'd do it at the airport after upgrades cleared.

I've only had a lap infant twice, though - after that we were all happier just booking her a seat. I do happen to think the seat is safer, too, but that isn't the purpose of this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.