Flying Emirites with carseat

Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Flying Emirites with carseat

I have looked for this information all over and most of what I find concerns US airlines. We are flying to Dubai with our 9 month old on Emirites. I have never used that airline but I hear they are great with babies. My concern is our carseat. Since the flight is 15 hours we bought our baby a seat and we were planning on bringing his carseat to install which is a Graco snug ride 35. We were also hoping to get checked in early enough to get the bulkhead seats since he is crawling and it would give him a little room to move. However, the carseat is 17.5 inches at the handle width and when I looked at seat guru the flight we're on has 17 in economy seats. My question is do we not want the bulkhead since the armrests will not raise and our seat may not fit? Also, all the posts I have seen so far are about putting the seat rear facing but Emirites does not allow that. Has anyone has experience with front facing this seat on a plane? I am super anxious about this flight with my very active baby!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: United Plus
Here is the information on their website;

http://www.emirates.com/fr/english/p...h_infants.aspx

This kind of seat should only be installed rear-facing.

Depending on how much car travel you'll be doing, you might be better off leaving the base at home. You won't need it on the plane and it's kind of a bulky item. Be sure you're comfortable with the seat belt-only installation before leaving. Practice in your car a few times to be sure.

I can't answer you about the bulkhead seats. I was able to install a seat once on Air France by a bulkhead window (not many of those, depends on the aircraft). Also, Emirates might prioritize the bulkheads for families with lap babies, because of the bassinets. Not sure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.