Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Bubble Bum - inflatable car booster seat

Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

This is a wonderful alternative to a regular booster seat for children who can sit in one. When deflated, it folds in half and can be stored in the included bag.

http://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Car-...0943464&sr=8-1

It is also rated as a "Best Bet" by the IIHS.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/chi...ters/best-bets
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Based on the other car seat thread, just thought I'd give this one a bump.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The portability got me interested so i bought a couple.
Not sure if they prove to be practical as boosters - kids are rather sceptical so far. Perhaps for short rides as they are quite small and bouncy but they can make great floaties for the pool on the road.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
We have one for our grandson for traveling. It works great. He recently used it for a 3 hour car ride; no complaints.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Took those seats on a trip - very convenient to carry. Now can do carry on only on short trips. ^
Also used them at home for a week - no major complaints.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Tested it with DD in a rental car I had for work & she did great ( she's 4 1/2 & 45 inches tall). Took it on a cruise, but never had to use a vehicle so we didn't use it. We will use it for New York City in a few months. It's great to be able to throw it in a bag!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Bought one of these for my 7yo for a recent trip to DC, where we were Ubering everywhere, and it was fantastic! Easy and fast to install; good price. Highly recommended.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More feedback after several trips.
One seat lost its shape - became more like a ball so have to underinflate to use. Overall the seat surface area is small so they are not the best choice on longer rides - kids complained a lot. I found them sliding and leaning in some awkward and probably unsafe ways on numerous occasions.
I ll continue using them for the convenience of not having checked bags but bring regular boosters to trips with a lot of driving or where i have checked bags anyways.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I agree that I wouldn't use the Bubble Bum for longer rides. I think the longest ride we took in DC was about 15 minutes -- DuPont Circle to Friendship Heights at rush hour. So it was perfect for that. Kid didn't complain about the comfort at all, but she never complains about car seat comfort ever...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.