Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

NYC kid friendly car service needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum

Arriving at LGA and need a car service to take me and 4yr old daughter into city. Who do you recommend that offers car seats/booster seats? Have used Carmel in past prior to children. Was told about eastern and legends...any thoughts?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:30 pm

Eastern and Legends are the two I know.

I used Eastern once and they were fine. They're a basic low-end car service comparable to Carmel or Dial7, but with the car seat option for $5. I have a good friend who always uses Legends when traveling with his kid. He's been very happy with them.

There's also KidCarNY, but it's ridiculously expensive and I don't know anybody who's ever used it.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum

Used legends and they were friendly, had a car seat and were prompt.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:47 pm

Thumbs up

+1 on Legends. I called them and reserved an SUV for six people (including two toddler car seats) from Long Island to JFK. Driver was prompt (early) and car seats were properly installed. The driver also must have been a tetris champ to fit our luggage in the Escalade. After paying with a credit card at the airport, I got an email receipt in just a few minutes.

Only complaint: he drove verrrry slowly. But, it was just after the big snow storm and perhaps he thought the highway would be icy(?).

I hadn't scheduled the transfer for our return, so I booked it online while in Aruba. Very easy. While inflight on Gogo, I got an email with an updated pickup time -- they had tracked the flight and updated the time based on ETA. I also got an email and text message with the car # a little later.

I had requested an in-airport pickup, and the driver was waiting (LGA this time) at baggage claim with a Legends placard with my name (first name only - not sure why).

It was raining pretty hard, so once we got the luggage, he offered to take the luggage to the car, load it and pick us up curbside. I ended up going with him and we picked up the rest of my family. Suburban, this time. This time, I didn't receive an email receipt, but an email to them the next day got one delivered to my inbox quickly.

I definitely recommend Legends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.