Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

January 2014 family holiday recommendations

January 2014 family holiday recommendations

Old Aug 25, 2013, 2:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Anna Phor
Would recommend a suite, or some sort of room where there are two separate areas with a door that closes. Failing that, a room with a balcony or outdoor access. You want somewhere where you and your spouse can relax and chat/watch tv/have a drink after the kids are in bed. One room means you have to sit and whisper to each other in the dark or hang out in the loo.
Backtracking.. I also would recommend a suite for more space.. Or if on a budget, do a one bedroom condo.. a kitchen would be useful.. having a microwave to warm up formula and milk would be great to have. A door that closes helps to ensure privacy and help to relax and not bother the baby when sleeping.

Still alot of work travelling, but worth it for a better environment while taking care of the little one.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: United Plus
Suites are nice, so are kitchenettes. Double check. We stayed in a suite in New York at the Hilton and there was a bar area... no sink or fridge! They could have provided a fridge for $35. With older kids, it wasn't an issue but check on this.

Before your trip, I recommend getting a 2 1/2 year old out of a crib and stop warming any milk. Potty training might need to be suspended until you're home again.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl
Suites are nice, so are kitchenettes. Double check. We stayed in a suite in New York at the Hilton and there was a bar area... no sink or fridge! They could have provided a fridge for $35. With older kids, it wasn't an issue but check on this.

Before your trip, I recommend getting a 2 1/2 year old out of a crib and stop warming any milk. Potty training might need to be suspended until you're home again.
Currently on a 44 night trip.. 7 nights Disneyland, 14 nights Kauai, 8 nights Big Island, 10 Maui and 5 Oahu. The trip had a few bumps.

One of the most difficult legs of the trip was 3 nights in a regular hotel room. Each of the other 41 nights were in suites/villas. Even though the 3 nights was ocean front, it did not feel like that much of a vacation, and I'll never do it again. The walls seemed to be caving in with the sight of screaming kids.

Disney Aulani, I'm forking out $600 tax in per night ($525 per night plus tax), after free night discount averaged. This was torture for me to fork out that much for accomodations. Just checked in tonite at the Disney Aulani.. But with unlimited baby sitting from 9:30 am to 9 pm, water parks, craft room/video and games complimentary rentals, in house lounge, factored in.. I'm thinking its not that bad of a deal. Kid's camp all day generally runs $100 per child. A disney ticket to Disneyland, normally costs about $1,000 for a family of 4.. so it may not be worth about $1,000 for the extras, but so far its massaging my expectations to consider it pretty worth it. Generally I'll pay max $450 room and tax.. have paid higher.

Our family has nice one bedroom villa accomodations. We have a viewof the ocean, which makes me pretty happy.

The regular studios is $400 per night already.. that extra little bit of expense for double the space made sense.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.