Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Best Travel Headphones for Kids

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa/Aeroplan/Air Berlin

I'm reaching here and not sure i will get many answers.

I just wanted to see if there were any parents of frequent-traveller children who love listening to their music that can suggest a good pair of headphones for small heads prone to nodding off on the airplane?

The more comfy and compact, the better - ear buds are no good, they both find them uncomfy and its hard to find one that fit into their little ears. Review sites are lacking in this particular genre. I don't really care about budget, but was thinking around 30$ or so.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Go here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ttle-ones.html

My grandson has these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa/Aeroplan/Air Berlin
Thanks! I saw that thread but it was 4 years old so i was hoping there were some newer choices out there (plus there was a bit of bickering in the thread, and the question not really answered )

Thanks for your recommendation, i will take a look. I did find another article that popped up in google since i last looked if anyone is interested:

http://classicalmusicheadphones.com/...ones-for-kids/
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I can second the recommendation above. My 2 - almost 3 year old has been using his for about a year now and we've been very happy with them.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Fraport
I'm reaching here and not sure i will get many answers.

I just wanted to see if there were any parents of frequent-traveller children who love listening to their music that can suggest a good pair of headphones for small heads prone to nodding off on the airplane?

The more comfy and compact, the better - ear buds are no good, they both find them uncomfy and its hard to find one that fit into their little ears. Review sites are lacking in this particular genre. I don't really care about budget, but was thinking around 30$ or so.
Go to the dollar store or something similar and purchase 2 or 3 pairs of their cheapest. I suspect the lifespan of any headphones will be limited.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:21 pm

We have these:
http://www.amazon.com/Califone-2810-...ger+headphones

Pros: they are cheap enough that I'm not worried if they break. They fold up. Tigers!

Cons: on our last flight on a small regional jet, sitting over the engine, my kid could not hear anything over the noise of the airplane.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
We bought some by KitSound. They are big over the ears, but pretty squishy as headphones go, plus they adjust and fold up. And sound is good enough on a S80, so good enough for most flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.