Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Changing a Diaper in First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

I can definitely say that my opinion has changed here over the last 8 years. lol. My my how we all grow up!

Last edited by DanDaddan208; Jul 23, 2020 at 9:36 am
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Did you say anything?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:26 pm

My opinion:

Breastfeeding is fine, as long as the woman was even a little discreet. Don't stare and it shouldn't bother you at all.

I think diapers should be changed in the lav, but I think on the seat is fairly common.

Not sure FAs should be spending their time telling women when and where to breastfeed. So hardly UAs fault here.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:30 pm

I have no problem with breast feeding BUT the changing thing should have been done in the toilet!!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

I can definitely say that my opinion has changed here over the last 8 years. lol. My my how we all grow up!

Last edited by DanDaddan208; Jul 23, 2020 at 9:36 am
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Well-discussed topic. Some airframes have changing tables in the lavs. Others do not. Which frankly leaves one with no choice.
Thankfully those days are behind me, but I remember them well.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by VFR2EWR
My problem was with the diaper changing. It should have been done in the lav. Actually more than that I think anyone who brings a baby in to the F cabin is a real *******.
Sure. And I think business colleagues who spend the whole flight having a loud conversation that the rest of the cabin can follow, are also real $&*+#~. And people who recline their seats all the way in domestic F for the entire flight even when they are working and eating. And men who urinate all over the bathroom and don't clean it up. And the idiots who keep their phones on during critical flight phases, doing emails on the descent. And....

Programs: UA GS & 1MM, Carlson Concierge, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, BW Diamond
not UA's fault at all. Get over it.
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
My problem was with the diaper changing.
You should have asked FA whether it's more hygienic to change diapers in the lav, she would probably politely ask the mom to do the next change in the lav. For occasions like these, it's good to carry a jar with feces, so you can show the parents what other people's feces smell like.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This is a topic most suitable for the Travel With Children Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

San 1k The smell of your awful child's **** is much worse. It's disgusting and inconsiderate. Don't be trash, use the lav.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
My problem was with the diaper changing. It should have been done in the lav. Actually more than that I think anyone who brings a baby in to the F cabin is a real *******.
If the PAX can pay for the ticket (with cash, miles, or other form of airline currency), then what's to stop them unless they fly one of the airlines that prohibit children in F

When UA has Saver F and only Standard C/Y awards, and Saver F is cheaper than Standard C and only a little more than Y, well... what would a parent and child want to do?

But I agree about the Lav, unless the "Fasten Seatbelt" sign was lit...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: United Plus
Oh look at this toxic thread they sent us from TravelBuzz!

I can't believe someone complained about a baby being breastfed (in First but complaining about breastfeeding at all). A Flight Attendant would get in trouble for telling a passenger to not breastfeed OR to cover up. Where a baby can be bottlefed, they can be breastfed. I personally prefer seeing breastfed babies, anywhere! It should be encouraged.

The diapers though should be changed in the lav.

If you've paid for your child to be in First, your child can sit in First. The only seating restrictions for children on airplanes are emergency exits (and that's just for safety).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Well aren't we cheerful.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1P
Then why mention the breastfeeding at all? If they had bottle fed their child, would you have mentioned that in your post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.