Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Your Favorite Blog About Travel with Children?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver

I'm a big fan of MommyPoints and a few others, but I'm looking to expand my reading list of quality blogs about travel with children. I've found a lot of these blogs tend to be too personal - too much like a traditional mommy blog detailing excessive personal info and not enough useful, well-organized, and well-written tips that translate well for others. Others just restate the most obvious of tips and are too beginner for me. Still others are just blatant money making grabs with ads galore and minimal content.

I figured this would be the right audience to survey to find a blog that strikes the right balance! Please share...

(Full disclosure - I'm doing a bit of blogging myself recently, so I'm also trying to find good models to emulate as well as good ones to add as links on my page).
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:11 pm

EclipsePearl has a page (not a blog in the traditional sense, but hosted at blogspot! http://flyingwithchildren.blogspot.com/) that I completely DEVOURED before we did our first long haul with my son, and it has lots of great tips. I recommend it to anyone I know who has questions on flying with kids.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Anna Phor
EclipsePearl has a page (not a blog in the traditional sense, but hosted at blogspot! http://flyingwithchildren.blogspot.com/) that I completely DEVOURED before we did our first long haul with my son, and it has lots of great tips. I recommend it to anyone I know who has questions on flying with kids.
Nice to have a blog from one of our own - thanks EclipsePearl! You are right - the content is really dense (and I mean that in a good way). This pretty much answers every question most people would have about the logistics of flying.

Would be interested to also know about other periodic blogs with daily/weekly posts.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:47 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
depends what you want to read about i guess, i googled travel blogs about travel with kids and found a few, some which are updated frequently not just about the travels that the blogger has done but tips they've picked up from others
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: United Plus
Thanks for the plug but I wouldn't consider mine a "travel" blog. I just put my tips in a blog format to make it easier to share. Originally, I emailed it around (ugh). At one point, I was going to make a pretty website and started... and stopped because I have a life, and three kids... I would love to make my blog more reader-friendly with pictures and hyper links... Maybe when I retire? Also, it needs yet-another edit but I'm not going to take it down for that reason. If someone is facing a long trip with little kids, they don't need a pretty piect of litterature (I think the dylexia doesn't help either lol!) Just keeping the info out there.

I also know that many of my links are dead. After my son's Bar Mitzvah-promise!

There was someone here with a good travel site, a lot of visits to Asia...

Also, does Blogspot or anther host have search functions for specific topics like this?

Share if you find something please!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.