Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for best travel gear for kids

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Hi guys!

I tried searching through the threads, but there's a lot of pages! lol. I just wanted to get some recommendations for the best travel gear when travelling with toddlers or babies. For example, leak-proof sippy cups, bottles, bowls, anything you found you couldn't do without on the plane, etc. Any tips would be great!

Cheers!
jazmic
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:51 am

Pacifier with a leash - http://www.captcarryon.com/2012/01/13/flying-with-a-lap-child/

Car seat stroller attachment - http://www.captcarryon.com/2011/12/08/travel-gear-review-gogo-babyz-travelmate-car-seat/
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, Mileage junkie, Four Seasons seeker, brings the kids in F club
Boostapak

http://www.boostapak.com/home.html
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/active_sipper/

of all the 'non spill' cups have bought in the last few years this was the only one that actually did the job and didn't spill! We used them on the last trip we took even though my daughter is past toddlerhood (she was 4 at the time of trip) because of the success we've had with them in the past and they're insulated
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: United Plus
If you are flying with a car seat, skip the Gogokidz Travelmate. It's basically an overpriced plastic luggage cart. You can buy a metal-based cart (much more sturdy) and it'll do the same thing, usually at half the cost. Use an extra bungee to secure it.

I'm a big believer in less-is-more when it comes to travel products. I think parents are duped into buying far more than they need in all categories, travel included. The GogoKidz is a good example. Try to prioritize products that can be used again for non-travel uses.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by cariad73
This is more for older children (big enough for a booster seat), but I HIGHLY second this recommendation.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, Mileage junkie, Four Seasons seeker, brings the kids in F club
Originally Posted by mechteach
This is more for older children (big enough for a booster seat), but I HIGHLY second this recommendation.

Yes technically its for older children....BUT I used it for my 14 month old (98th % on growth chart) for taxi rides in NYC. Safer then nothing! (please nobody lecture on car seat usage....if I could figure out a way to drag a FF carseat up and down manhattan I would be solving a problem for like half the population in that city)

Also we use it as a booster seat for eating in restaurants or anytime she needs some more height....AND it carries her onboard toys and snacks in the pak part!

I say buy it now and let it grow with you. ^
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Another + on the boostapak. We were able to take that onboard the aircraft as well as having trunki because it was carrying my daughter's additional reading material saving it from being gatechecked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.