Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Sign in using an external account

Old Oct 28, 11, 3:29 pm   #1
Used to be 'paullevi'

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG PLAT 75
Luxury resort near SE Asia for 2yo?

We're looking at going to SE Asia (Angkor) next spring and need another destination in Asia where we can relax with our son, turning 2 in March. By destination, I mean luxury resort.

We went to FSLG in Maldives 2 years in a row, once as babymoon and following year with son when he was 6 months old. This would be ideal normally (they made accommodations with sitter who worked at kids club to help us out whenever we wanted peaceful dinner, spa treatment or snorkeling) but we dont want to fly all the way to MLE this year.

Really just need a kids club that accepts 2 year olds for short periods (2 hours at a time, max) or sitters on standby. Suggestions greatly appreciated.
KosherKimchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 11, 12:33 pm   #2
tcl

Location: On the I-95 stuck behind a big truck/UA Seat 5C/Amtrak Cafe Car
Programs: UA, CO, Asia Miles, True Blue, Fairmont
Club Med Phuket has a great kids program, plus there is enough for parents to do nearby as well.
tcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 11, 12:29 pm   #3
Moderator: Travel with Children

Programs: United Plus
Club Med actually has a number of resorts in SE Asia.

They take good care of kids. We used to go that route a lot but now it's less necessary and were miffed about the change to the drink policy (will explain if necessary).

Be careful that you get one that has an actual baby club and not just the "baby welcome" label, which means they have changing facilities, play areas, etc. but they don't have somewhere to actually leave the child. Babysitting though can be arranged.
Eclipsepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 11, 8:05 pm   #4

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you do a search in the luxury forum especially posts by FTer Musken. she/he has posted many trip reports of travels with his/her family. Lots of FS and Amans in SE Asia. Lots of details including which villas to get to maximize space, best kids clubs, etc..

Last edited by ck2003; Nov 5, 11 at 8:22 pm.
ck2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 11, 3:36 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in siem reap you might check out amansara

song saa (private flight from siem reap) will also be open

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullevi View Post
kids club that accepts 2 year olds
= FS jimbaran and koh samui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck2003 View Post
Musken. she/he
she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
Kagehitokiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 11, 8:03 am   #6

Programs: SPG-Gold, *A-Gold, AA-Platinum, Hilton-Gold, IHG-Plat, Marriott-Silver, Accor-Plat, Carlson-Gold,
We have really enjoyed staying at the Khao Lak Le Meriden. They have a kids club and kids that are two would need to pay a little extra to have another person in there to watch the kid. The pools are really easy with small kids an even a sand pool with play stuff that is fun for them.
TravisTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 11, 8:25 am   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl View Post
They take good care of kids. We used to go that route a lot but now it's less necessary and were miffed about the change to the drink policy (will explain if necessary).
Please do! You've got me curious and it may be good info for us to know in the future.
TimesTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 11, 1:12 pm   #8
Moderator: Travel with Children

Programs: United Plus
It's pretty simple actually.

Club Med used to have a chit system with drinks. Beer and wine was free with meals but anything with more umph was extra.

They changed it a few times. In France, we would easily pass on our chits, cards, whatever they were using at the time, to friends headed to other Club Meds. They were the same.

I guess the whole thing was ungainly and they switched to open bars and managed it by upping the cost for staying there in general. We are NOT big drinkers so feel we're basically substidizing other people's drinking binges. Obviously, I realize others might not feel this way! This might be a big plus for some of you...

Also, this might be less of an issue in Asia. I am NOT saying that Asian people and those who visit the resorts don't drink but having served booze in many air markets, I can say globally that less goes on. So perhaps this isn't a big factor for those of you planning vacations in that region. Contridict me if you want!

Last edited by Eclipsepearl; Feb 1, 12 at 1:23 am.
Eclipsepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:05 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re clubs that accept 2 year olds >

FS is losing mgmt of provence on sep 30

(which will leave just the two asian FS i mentioned earlier)
Old Feb 8, 12, 8:54 pm   #10

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullevi View Post
We're looking at going to SE Asia (Angkor) next spring and need another destination in Asia where we can relax with our son, turning 2 in March. By destination, I mean luxury resort.

We went to FSLG in Maldives 2 years in a row, once as babymoon and following year with son when he was 6 months old. This would be ideal normally (they made accommodations with sitter who worked at kids club to help us out whenever we wanted peaceful dinner, spa treatment or snorkeling) but we dont want to fly all the way to MLE this year.

Really just need a kids club that accepts 2 year olds for short periods (2 hours at a time, max) or sitters on standby. Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay in Bali. Beautiful resort, and FS is VERY kid-friendly with all sorts of kids programs and sitters.
mfdesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 12, 2:08 pm   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranb...amily_package/

http://songsaa.com/villavilla-types/rates/
Quote:
For Children of 5 years old and under, stay is complimentary

We would like to advise that the design of Song Saa Private Island is very open to the environment, with private pools, steep hills and over water walkways without hand railings, and is therefore only suitable for children under strict parental supervision. Children will always be welcome, however we would appreciate if parents would show consideration to other guests where children are concerned. We provide early meals for children if needed as well as child minding for your convenience.