Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

United Airlines seating issue: flying with a baby

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines seating issue: flying with a baby

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:49 am

757-200 PS service bassinet?

Does anyone know if United offers bassinets on the new PS service 757-200s? (In business and/or coach). I'm pretty sure they don't but just want to confirm...
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tubulus
Does anyone know if United offers bassinets on the new PS service 757-200s? (In business and/or coach). I'm pretty sure they don't but just want to confirm...
Last time I checked (a year ago) bassinets were only offered on long haul flights, not domestic.

Having said that, we flew with a 1.5 year old on the old PS SFO-JFK last year. The row behind the galley in business, next to the second door (row 6-8?), had some extra legroom. We put down a blanket for the little guy to play on. He slept most of the way.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Executive
Bassinet is built into the front half of the seat above the entertainment center in 1A/1B or 1E/1F. Did this today LAX - JFK.

It was awesome for our 2 month old's first flight. Yes I know thread is 2 years old, but I searched before we traveled and couldn't find the info I needed. Note however, our baby is 10lbs and barely fit, maybe up to 4-6 months will fit there depending on the size of your little one.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by aevange8
Bassinet is built into the front half of the seat above the entertainment center in 1A/1B or 1E/1F. Did this today LAX - JFK.

It was awesome for our 2 month old's first flight. Yes I know thread is 2 years old, but I searched before we traveled and couldn't find the info I needed. Note however, our baby is 10lbs and barely fit, maybe up to 4-6 months will fit there depending on the size of your little one.
Haha funny that this thread just got brought back.
I just booked EWR-SFO in business, but she's now over 2, so had to book a seat for her!
Has anyone put a carseat in one of these seats? United tells me on twitter it is fine, but want to confirm with someone who has done it. I don't think she's big enough for a CARES harness yet.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
I just booked EWR-SFO in business, but she's now over 2, so had to book a seat for her!
Has anyone put a carseat in one of these seats? United tells me on twitter it is fine, but want to confirm with someone who has done it. I don't think she's big enough for a CARES harness yet.
Most UA business seats are fine for a car seat. What type of plane is scheduled for this flight?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Platinum, HH Gold
I don't think she's big enough for a CARES harness yet.
I have used the CARES harness for my daughter for my daughter since she was about 22lbs (2.5 years) and since you can adjust the height on the seat (i.e. get it low down if child is short/small) it works. It is fine in BF seats and you can also reach over and provide support/brace child during landing to ensure safety.

I do bring a blanket and pillow to provide support (and the BF pillows can be used to prop up the child) and help fill some of the space.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:02 pm

I have been unable to decide on Biz class seats for our long international flights to Asia.

We are 2 and have now a 19 month. In few months , we are planning trip to asia.

How do I know what airlines/flights have biz class seats that are next to each other?

we would like a seat next our young toddler but i am afraid that biz class seats are all separated?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:04 pm

I just askeda question related to this above!

How do you know you will be able to sit next to your young child on biz class seats? I heared Cathy pacific seats won't be good ?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I have been unable to decide on Biz class seats for our long international flights to Asia.

We are 2 and have now a 19 month. In few months , we are planning trip to asia.

How do I know what airlines/flights have biz class seats that are next to each other?

we would like a seat next our young toddler but i am afraid that biz class seats are all separated?
You would need to look at the plane configuration for your flight, which you can find on your airline's website or on sites such as seatguru.com. Most international business class seats aren't ideal for families traveling with very young children because they are usually separated by big consoles and you just can't reach over and easily interact with your child.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
You would need to look at the plane configuration for your flight, which you can find on your airline's website or on sites such as seatguru.com. Most international business class seats aren't ideal for families traveling with very young children because they are usually separated by big consoles and you just can't reach over and easily interact with your child.
It is hard to know by looking seatguru.com Will the airline's website show better pic of what kinda seats biz seats I am getting?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
It is hard to know by looking seatguru.com Will the airline's website show better pic of what kinda seats biz seats I am getting?
This thread is asking about United Airlines. Didn't you have a long complaint about traveling on UA earlier this year? Why would you consider them again? Have you tried going to the airline's webpage and looking? Or search on YouTube as many people post videos of airline interiors.

Last edited by 6rugrats; Sep 1, 2015 at 12:33 pm
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:17 pm

It is hard to know by looking seatguru.com Will the airline's website show better pic of what kinda [KIND OF] seats biz seats I am getting?
Did you look?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:14 pm

Quick update - we took the car seat onboard, no issue. The crew on the flight back was a little insure so it helped that I had had a twitter conversation with United confirming it beforehand. As usual had the issue that the seatbelt buckle lined up right inside the carseat, so I had to thread it around the armrest...probably not the most secure, but good enough. Only annoying thing is because the seats are slightly staggered, i had to sit way forward on my seat in order to interact with my daughter.

This was a PS 757 businessfirst btw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.