Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > Town Hall - Official TalkBoard Voting Decisions
Reload this Page >

Motion passed: Restructuring of the Car Rental Forums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle

On March 12, 2015, TalkBoard passed by a 6-3 vote the following amended motion:
Originally Posted by Amended Motion
TalkBoard recommends the following restructuring of car rental forums:

1. "Car Rental Programs/Partners" heading to remain the same

2. Add a new forum at the top of the list titled "Rental Car Discussion" and subtitled "General Topics, plus Alamo, Budget, Enterprise, Dollar, and Thrifty"

3. Retain these four separate forums:
Avis | Preferred
Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
National | Emerald Club
Sixt |

4. Close these four forums:
Budget | Fastbreak
Dollar | Express Renter Rewards
Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards
Other Car Rental Programs (i.e., Alamo, Enterprise)

5. Move all threads from the four closed forums into the new "Rental Car Discussion" forum

6. TalkBoard prefers that the threads moved from closing the Dollar, Budget, and Thrifty forums be identified somehow in the new, general "Rental Car Discussion" forum. That identification could use tags like are used for Hotel Reviews in the Luxury Hotels forum; an appropriate prefix could be added to each thread title; or some other way could be used to identify the former homes of these threads. If such identification is feasible within the next four months or so, we favor delaying the forum merger until the identification task is completed.
Voting yes: bdschobel, CMK10, dchristiva, jason8612, kokonutz, nsx

Voting no: Canarsie, MSPeconomist, rwoman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.