Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Thrifty getting cheaper with its cars...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Is Thrifty getting cheaper with its cars...

Rented mid-size in Seattle this week as a Blue Chip Express who rents frequently in Seattle. Got a 2014 Corolla. Typical car. But it was equipped like it was bought in Mexico -- no cruise control, no door opener clicker.

What's next -- roll up windows and manual door locks?

I've never seen this before. Is this a new low standard?

If I get one again, I will refuse it.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
At least they didn't give you a Chevy Spark and call it a Compact.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Rented mid-size in Seattle this week as a Blue Chip Express who rents frequently in Seattle. Got a 2014 Corolla. Typical car. But it was equipped like it was bought in Mexico -- no cruise control, no door opener clicker.

What's next -- roll up windows and manual door locks?

I've never seen this before. Is this a new low standard?

If I get one again, I will refuse it.
Maybe Hertz is making sure you notice what you pay for at Hertz and what you get at Thrifty. I'm cheap, so Thrifty's gonna have to start renting cars like Fred Flintstone's before I start paying the Hertz premium.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:40 pm

We got a whole bunch of you know what about Hertz and Thrifty being separate companies the other day when renting at OGG. They refused to assist us with a reservation that wasn't properly attached to my husband's Blue Chip account, he mentioned that he is also a Hertz Gold and they basically told him that he can take his Hertz Gold and shove it. Then we got into our much awaited Thrifty rental to find a Hertz Neverlost staring right at us.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Thrifty are trying to rip me off. Car I rented in September 2014 all paid for and another $1400+ charged in December 2014 3 months after I returned and paid the rental. Tried to contact them but they are unresponsive. I guess they do not care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.