Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 week rental $391. 8 days $113

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:31 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
When I find myself in situations like this, I simply bid on the longer time frame in priceline. Almost always yields an even lower rate and there's no penalty to return early...

If you don't need the flexibility, those pre-paid rates can be pretty outstanding.

(And this is quite an old thread...)
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Suppose you booked the 8 days for $113. Something happens; you need to cut your rental short and return on day 6 or 7; how could they justify $391 as a weekly rate; it would sound capricious and totally made up.

What could you have possibly done to protect yourself from that? If I have a 1-day rental for $70, and I return it after 10 hours, is there a chance there's some phantom rate of $200 that I didn't know about that would kick in?

Wouldnt the contract state $113 as a rate? How could they charge even $1 above that?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by jerry305
Suppose you booked the 8 days for $113. Something happens; you need to cut your rental short and return on day 6 or 7; how could they justify $391 as a weekly rate; it would sound capricious and totally made up.

What could you have possibly done to protect yourself from that? If I have a 1-day rental for $70, and I return it after 10 hours, is there a chance there's some phantom rate of $200 that I didn't know about that would kick in?

Wouldnt the contract state $113 as a rate? How could they charge even $1 above that?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I really want to know: Has anyone been charged more than the stated day/week rate on the contract before? Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jerry305
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I really want to know: Has anyone been charged more than the stated day/week rate on the contract before? Thanks
The question is, what was the weekly rate on the reservation???
During the reservation you will see the weekly rate and the daily rate for example this was from the website booking for an economy for 8 days.

1 Week at $85.00 per week. Unlimited mileage.
1 Extra Day at $11.99 per day.
*TOTAL BASE RATE (USD) $96.99

Once you book a rate and open the contract the reserved base rate will stick, so if the OP had booked the 8 days and returned it on day 5-7 the OP would only be charged for the week since on day 5 & 6 the weekly rates apply. The only extra charge would be an early return fee.

The rates change frequently so they really have no way of knowing that one week is $391 and that 8 days is $113 based on the time you booked the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.