Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:29 am
Original Poster

SFO Airport

I made a reservation at SFO for a dodge charger or similiar.

Question #1 what is a "similiar" car

#2. When I was making the reservation I was given a choice on a risk elimator insurance, however there was no where for me to click to select it, how much does this generally cost per day and can I select this in SFO thrifty location.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by kyamato
Question #1 what is a "similiar" car
You are actually not super likely to actually get a Charger any more. Chrysler products are thinning out of the Thrifty fleet.

Most likely: Chevy Impala or Chevy Malibu
Also possible: Ford Taurus (either older 500-body-style or newer one)
Comparable but unlikely: Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord

Originally Posted by kyamato
#2. When I was making the reservation I was given a choice on a risk elimator insurance, however there was no where for me to click to select it, how much does this generally cost per day and can I select this in SFO thrifty location.
You will be able to choose your coverage option at the counter. The website sometimes seems to be informational/display only but sometimes does let you select it. I actually haven't figured out why it only lets you do it sometimes.

Cost varies by location, but I'd figure on about $50 per day for the Risk Eliminator, give or take $10 or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.