Wiki Posts
Search

Sick of the Ford Fusion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sick of the Ford Fusion

Oh, it's an ok car. No real complaints about it. Except my last 10 have been the fusion and I just spent 2 weeks with one driving across Oklahoma and Kansas. Seems not to matter if I select Wild Card or mid, it's the Fusion..over and over and over. Man, do they even HAVE other cars in that size range???
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by pinworm
Man, do they even HAVE other cars in that size range???
I've gotten a couple Chevy Cavaliers.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
I totally understand where you're coming from, always getting the same car no matter what reasonable effort you make (i.e. not booking a Premium SUV and paying thousands JUST to avoid a particular car ). For me it was the PT Cruiser and the Hyundai Sonata (just the plain-jane 4-cylinder with expired XM radio). I'd rather be getting stuck with the Fusion than either, ESPECIALLY the PT.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I totally understand where you're coming from, always getting the same car no matter what reasonable effort you make (i.e. not booking a Premium SUV and paying thousands JUST to avoid a particular car ). For me it was the PT Cruiser and the Hyundai Sonata (just the plain-jane 4-cylinder with expired XM radio). I'd rather be getting stuck with the Fusion than either, ESPECIALLY the PT.
There are only 2 cars I will utterly refuse to take..the PT Cruiser (one left me stranded in LV 4 minutes after leaving the lot, the transmission seized) and the Chevy Cobalt. I have always been accommodated when I don't want the car. The Fusion is okay and I have no real reason to refuse it, other than being tired of it after 10 rentals in a row.

I will take the Sonata and the Caliber on trips with minimal driving..but on a multistate jaunt the car matters much much more.

Earlier this summer I got a good price from Thrifty on a "Full Size" for a trip with 400 or so miles of driving, and ended up in the Mercury Grand Marquis...holy crap, no wonder your grandfather drives dangerously..the thing is squirrley at 80, nearly impossible to stop, and is nothing but blind spots. Never again.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, DL Silver Medallion, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
I've gotten a couple Chevy Cavaliers.
Impressive, especially considering the Cavalier has been out of production since 2005

To the OP, variety can be the spice of life, but consider yourself lucky in your monotony. As far as the rental car midsize classification is concerned, the Fusion is probably the best-equipped and most comfortable car in that class. I'd take 10 straight Fusion rentals anyday over a mix of PT Cruisers, HHRs and Kia Fortes.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by Elola
Impressive, especially considering the Cavalier has been out of production since 2005
After checking chevy's website, I concluded that I actually had a Cobalt. (Per my userid, I'm not a car guy. ) I was disappointed to be given it since it did not have a satelite radio -- my prior three rentals had been in Fusions, all of which had still-activated satelite radio in them.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
After checking chevy's website, I concluded that I actually had a Cobalt. (Per my userid, I'm not a car guy. ) I was disappointed to be given it since it did not have a satelite radio -- my prior three rentals had been in Fusions, all of which had still-activated satelite radio in them.
In my experience, the 2009 and later Cobalts all come with XM Satellite Radio. GM only gives 3 months of free activation, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.