Wiki Posts
Search

DTW hours?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, National Exec
DTW hours?

Booked a Sunday night 11:30pm pickup with Thrifty in a couple weeks but I can't find anything anywhere - on their website, Google, or DTW phone - to confirm if they're even open or not at that late hour.

Most of the majors are open 24/7 at DTW, but Thrifty has me concerned. Anybody??
Old Apr 2, 2010, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
If you click the "Locations" tab on thrifty.com, then search for their DTW location, you will be presented with this information:

DETROIT AIRPORT, MI, USA (DTW)
29111 WICK ROAD
DETROIT METRO AIRPORT
DETROIT, MI UNITED STATES 48242
(734) 946-7830

Call the phone number and ask.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Yes, as I indicated, I tried calling... several times, only to go to manager's VM. Stellar communications system they have. I wouldn't waste FTer time if I didn't already exhaust other options.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
I hit option 1, spoke to a person and they told me that the DTW location closes at 1 AM. They reopen at 5 AM.

The call took 2 minutes and 39 seconds, according to my phone's timer. (The secret to calling Thrifty is to know that they will only talk to you if they think you are going to give them business.... so always pick the "to make a reservation" option when calling one of their numbers.)

Last edited by RatherBeOnATrain; Apr 2, 2010 at 11:45 am Reason: add more information
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Great to see where their priorities are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.