Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High south florida prices

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:46 am
Original Poster

High south florida prices

Why are car rentals with Thrifty and all others for MIA/FLL/PBI double last year's rates? Aren't we in a recession?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 4:47 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

"Car rental rates have hit overdrive."

I, too am looking for a good rate on a South Florida rental car, and finding most are above $80/day on a weekend. I wondered if the agencies might be moving cars to Tampa for the Super Bowl, so that maybe there'd be good rates on a one-way rental out of Tampa but within South Florida. That didn't work. So then I wondered what rates are like in the mid-Atlantic region the same dates. Pretty cheap. Which made me wonder if the recession meant the agencies didn't get many takers on their annual $5 one way rates to Florida for snow bird season. So maybe the recession is part of the problem.

Last edited by ftnoob; Jan 27, 2009 at 6:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.